anyone been to Lake Okeechobee lately?

cthewrld

I just got back from Florida on Monday, and they are right, all the freshwater lakes are low and murky. The lakes behind my in-laws place are literally down about 5 feet. Once I saw that, I kept my rods in the garage, and caught some rays instead of bucketmouths!

Good luck though, let me know how you make out.

*Stoty

If you want to catch a big Bass on Okeechobee, get a bucket of live Golden Shiners (10-12 inchers) and bring your heavy Pike/Musky tackle. A nice 5/0 circle hook and a few ballons, blow the balloons up the size of a baseball or softball and tie them on the line about 2' above your hook. Throw the hooked Shiner into the thickest weeds you can find and hang on!!!

The artificials will catch the 1-2 lbers, but the Shiners will get the bigguns!

Entertainment tip: If the fish aren't biting, the 3 and 4' Alligators love to chase a Buzzbait!!! :w00t:

Edited by Greencoachdog

Hey Stoty.....do you have any suggestions on a guide service down that way? I'm leaving for my honeymoon for 2 weeks on August 5.

I would love to catch a big old bass......rented a house for 2 weeks in the Davenport area. I know August in not the best time of the year in search of a 7-10lb bass.

Jason