Need Some Input

dheitzner

i am torn. :dunno:

i think that on boxing day i may buy either a vexilar FL-8 or a Lowrance x67c ice machine.

i realise some of the pros and cons of these 2 units but i was hoping that OFNers could share their views on them.

anyone out there own either of these machines?

likes/dislikes?

pros/cons?

thanks alot,

darcy

I own both models Darcy & am very happy with both

x67c - is more versatile- has both graph & flasher options, they also make a GPS option model too - the flasher also has the bottom zoom feature which the fl-8 dosent

- also can be used on the boat - i use mine on my bow mount

- slight downside is that it can slow a little in extreme cold

fl-8 easy/simple to use & wont "slow down" on you

whatever your choice, they are both fine units

Neither,

I'll stick to my X 135 now, will never look back. I had a Vex FL-18. Sold it after trying this setup. No need for "Vex eyes" for me. It's got an alarm if I tend to wander off. The side bar has real time plus if I turn away for a monment, I still have about a 20 second history screen to show. I can zoom in to a specific depth, split screen and most importantly, EASY TO DECIFER!

Fishing060.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135004.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135003.jpg

PortablefishfinderX135005.jpg

For me the lcd unit can't compare for ice fishing.I have a vex fl8-se and a lowrance with the flasher option.I find the slight delay in the lcd unit annoying.Also my vex will run in -20C temps trouble free for 4 full days of fishing on just its little battery , the lowrance runs for half that on the same battery.One thing the lowrance has over the vex is it is quieter but my Lowrance stays in the garage when the water is hard.

Either is a lot better than fishing blind!