last friday on scugog

MuddyWater

went out to my good ol spot and punched some holes. in seconds we were into some good sized perch that would not leave my minnows and spoons alone! then when evening hit we got into some wallys nailed 3 1 of which was a hawg and lost another 3 finally got my one over 18 inches :)

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

Caught a can... but never a bottle. :D

Some nice fish there fella, but remember CO's were given the power to lay LOOR charges last year.

Has anyone been actually ticketed for that though?

I've had open beer in the ice hut on several occasions when being checked by a c.o. and never got a ticket...always worried about it though...

Tony

Has anyone been actually ticketed for that though?

I've had open beer in the ice hut on several occasions when being checked by a c.o. and never got a ticket...always worried about it though...

Tony

Was that since September of 2007(I think), when the CO's were able to enforce the Liquor Act, Tony?

Lots of anglers up this way learned pretty quick about it. Since I never take any alcohol with me, cause I only day trip,

maybe if you are in your hut, staying overnight, its not an infraction.

But, I do not think you can be outside your hut, checking your other line, with a beer in hand, in open view.

Don't quote me on that though, I am not really sure.

Best thing would be to call the MNR, and find out the details of what they can now enforce, and in what situations you

may be in violation of the act.

We had a guy stop and talk to us. He mentioned that the police have been checking Scugog and fining people for booze ont eh ice. They have a 0 tolerance policy right kniw. it's a $200 fine.

Anyway...that's what i heard.

-R-

About 3 or 4 years back a CO approached a friend and me while fishing and we were sitting amidst a pretty good amount of empties. He said CO's had the power to lay charges and this was awhile back, athough he just told us to make sure we cleaned up before we left. We did. Happy ending for all.