Not HAppy!!!!!

raysfish2005

Ok i buy my ltttle an 1989 Moto 4 250 cc. now i know i need insurance so i call my insurance company befor i head out to the D O T, well blow me over and hold me down, the guy on the other end of the phone says ...Im sorry sir we only insure atv's that are 15 years and new'er.............puck now what, i will bge switching as soon as my police ends but what to do in the mean time.............I was going to use the beast on simcoe this weekend.

i have called 4 insurace companys and no luck............................

Ok i buy my ltttle an 1989 Moto 4 250 cc. now i know i need insurance so i call my insurance company befor i head out to the D O T, well blow me over and hold me down, the guy on the other end of the phone says ...Im sorry sir we only insure atv's that are 15 years and new'er.............puck now what, i will bge switching as soon as my police ends but what to do in the mean time.............I was going to use the beast on simcoe this weekend.

i have called 4 insurace companys and no luck............................

I just bought a new atv a couple of months ago. I called a few insurance companies for a quote and all of them said that their policies would not cover any claims for on ice activities. They said that they would pay out if there was any liability issue, however, they would then take me to court to recover the costs.

So aside from the age issue of your atv, being on the ice may be another issue for your insurance company.

When I was considering buying my Kawi 750cc Brute Force, I called my insurance company to see how much the coverage would cost. They quoted me about $500 a year, so I bought the thing and took out the policy. A month later they sent me a registered letter saying they decided not to cover any bikes that big, and that my coverage was going to end in about 5 days. I had to scramble, but I managed to find a different company to cover me. I switched my Jeep and wife's car over too while I was at it.

Insurance companies (along with the banks and oil giants) are bloodsucking snakes who are destroying this country a dollar at a time.

I think Pinch is right though. I heard motor vehicle insurance, aside from snowmobiles, is negated as soon as you drive on the ice.

Edited by bonghitts

Thanks Raff

I just looked at the sat pic for the bay ..............not tooking good for this year, well i still have a few weeks left for it to harden, i was going to go up next weekend and try my luck but ooooooooooohhhhh it looks soft, can we get out to the red boye?

Yup! Asked my insurance agent about what happens if my bike goes through the ice; her respnse was "there is no stupidity clause in your policy, if it did go through the ice it's covered!"

Just as a side note: sleds sink really quick, ATVs tend to float because of the air in the tires. Not that I want to but if I was going to go through the ice on anything I think I would prefer to be on my bike!