For Basketball fans, NF

Marko

I dont know how many guys and ladies in here are NCAA basketball fans and how much do they know about it, but one of the best coaches in NCAA history resigned.

If you every watched a crazy coach on tv screaming and throwing chairs on the b-ball court that was him LOL.

He had a hell of a temper and you better do things his way.

This is what coach K had to say about him:

"Outside of my immediate family, no single person has had a greater impact on my life than Coach Knight," said Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, who played for Knight at Army. "I have the ultimate respect for him as a coach and a mentor, but even more so as a dear friend. For more than 40 years, the life lessons I have learned from Coach are immeasurable. Simply put, I love him."

If you every watched a crazy coach on tv screaming and throwing chairs on the b-ball court that was him LOL.

He sounds just like a coach my son had in Rep B.Ball when he was about 13. The guy had the top AAA team in Ontario, all of Eastern Canada in fact, but he had a hell of a temper! Yell, scream, rant and rave and then without pausing turn right around and be as sweet as sugar to a kids mother.

My son refused to go back to that team the following year even though I wanted him to go for it. Sure the guy could be an animal but the whole team was excellent and he got results. As Pikehunter JR looks back at it he sort of wishes he had stuck it out for another year or 2 just for the refined skills he would have developed.

Different strokes for different folks eh?

I received a 40 minute lesson from Bobby when I took my team to Bloomington for the 1974-75 opener. I.U. was the best team in the nation and we were picked to finish last in the Ohio Valley Conference. Seven players we went against that day became 1st round picks in the NBA draft. We picked up lasting scars and memories from the game, but ended up winning more than we lost for the season.

While at I.U. coach Knight changed high school basketball in the state of Indiana from a bunch of softies to a much tougher bunch. He showed coaches and players how to do it right.

He'll be missed.

Alot of people dont like knight for the way his temper got the best of him sometimes, but one thing for sure his players kept their nose clean while under his watch, very seldom did you ever hear of one of his players doing something off the court that got them in trouble with the law. maybe if more parents were like him you wouldnt hear about all this crap of kids mugging old ladies and vandalizing peoples property. he was as strict as they come, but in the end was usually pretty fair and caring towards his players. if you went to indiana to play ball, you knew what was expected and you did it. its a shame he didnt finish his career there.

jason