Help Finding A Gift Please

motv8tr

Hey all, I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a puzzle for my friends husband. The kind of puzzle I'm looking for is is those brain twister one's where you have to separate two rings. Every year I get him one that is supposed to be the highest difficulty level and he solves it in 1-3 hrs.

The second challenge is to find it preferably in the Barrie area, but no further than Vaughn Mills.

Can any of you help me out?

Thanks

Maureen

Sorry I didn't give a better description, but I don't know how to describe it, and it doesn't have to be that specifically. This guy could do the Rubics cube within an hour, stuff like that is what I'm looking for. My goal is to stump him for at least a day or two...

Maureen

Moe, Look for a store called the IT store... they sell all that sorta stuff...

Also look for a store called Green Earth I saw them in there too... www.greenearthstores.com just bought one for a friend the other day their website shows wooden ones... but they also carry metal ring ones in store :) Good luck!

PS.. they are located within malls.

this one close enough???

Georgian Mall

509 Bayfield St.

Barrie, Ontario

L4M 4Z8

(705) 728-9631

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Oh ok. I could think of a few things off hand but not sure how to describe the objects I'm thinking of.

Cause I remember having this wooden square and a wooden ball. And each one was puzzle.The square or ball wood be cut in peices and different shapes and they all must inter-lock in a certain way, In order to get it back to its original shape . Depending on which one you buy (a square or ball ). But the only thing you would have to do is... take away the instructions once you take the square or ball apart. LOL The instructions tell you how all the pieces fit together.

:P

let me do a search and see if I come up with anything or any photos. ahh here it is!!

calmplex.com

Edited by dsn

Thanks guys, Gerrit, I'll check out green earth stores, never would have thought of them. I think the IT stores are gone, as are The Den for Men which used to carry them.

DSN, yes that is the type of thing I'm looking for, as for instructions, Richard would never look at them, so that's not a concern.

Maureen

Maureen,

Mind Games has multiple locations (not sure which is closest to you) and has the kinds of puzzles you are describing. Lots of interesting card and board games too.

Mind Games website

I'm impressed with your friend's husband, I got one of those puzzles you are talking about (interlocking metal rings with a cord woven through it), where there is only one way to separate the rings, and I still haven't solved it (and it was only medium difficulty!)

Mike

Thanks guys

, I appreciate it. Setomonkey, Mind Games was a store I was trying to think of but couldn't remember the name lol, I will keep that site as a link for the future.

I managed to pick up two for him, one of which the difficulty level is 10, I'll see how long it takes him.

Maureen

Maureen

My dad is a puzzle nut. He has done all kinds. He had one a few years ago that was solid purple . It was supposed to be hard. He did it in no time flat.

I'm sorry I can't help with a suggestion for where to look for a puzzle Maureen. My mom and sister get my dad's puzzles when they go down to the states.

However if he wants to make a puzzle harder to do tell him to dump it out and turn all the pieces upsidedown...and then put it together. That's what the old man does every once in awhile just to make things interesting.

Good luck with your search