rain suit suggestions

carll2

BPS 100 mph, here. Not only is it Goretex, but it is also tough. Definitely go for the bibs rather than pants. It has a very high collar, and neoprene cuffs, and is bulletproof. As Wayne says, the only downside apart from price is all the BPS gingerbread stuck all over the place. BPS should pay me for the advertising.

I've had the Cabela's Guide Wear, BPS 100 MPH & Pro Qualifier Rain Suits and they've all been great! I think as long as you buy a quality(translation expensive) rain suit you'll do fine. I've heard real good thing about the Shimano Gore-Tex Rain Suit, everyone who has one seems to love them. We are giving one away as an early bird bird prize at the Bass talk session being held at Paddletales just outside of Ottawa. If you were considering attending maybe you should wait on that purchase get your registration in before the early bird and win that $450.00 Rain Suit! That would be sweet!

Dave

Not to change the topic here, but did you say Basstalk in Ottawa? Do you have info for this, maybe in a new thread. I was intrested in your other one, but it was too far for me to go.

I bought the Frogg Toggs rainsuit at the Cleveland Sportsman show for $59 four years ago. I am very pleased with it. The suit is light weight and keeps me warm & dry. In addition to fishing, it easily fits into a golf bag and has accompanied me numerous times to fall high school football games.

Here's another vote for Cabela's Guidewear. I've had the bibs and parka for three years now. I'm with Wayne on this one - best money I've ever spent on fishing equipment. Regardless how bad conditions have been, I've always stayed dry in my Guidewear.

I don't think anyone of us, except noncommittal Dave, has tried all three or four of these suits, so it will be tough to guess which suit might be best *100mph*. I am sure that they all offer superb performance and are a comfort to wear. You gotta be happy and comfy in any of these suits in any kinda weather, the Shimano, Cabelas or BPS gear.

A suit like that is a large investment in fishing gear, but I would easily trade half my rod and reel collection to keep that suit. I think it will last for many years.

gallery_50_325_121378.jpg

Edited by douG