Watch for ice on your driveway / sidewalk

lew

Mornin folks, I've been out wandering the neighborhood this morning and found lots of very icy spots on the sidewalks and I nearly took a header on the driveway when I was going to the truck :oops:

Just a warning for y'all, you don't want to end up here :stretcher:

No problems Stan... it's gonna be when the flash freeze comes that it's gonna get interesting. Thank God I shovelled the wings off the three airplanes out in the tie downs yesterday... when I saw it was starting to look like good iglo building snow. Estimate I took about 5000 lbs of snow off each airplane and I think today they would have collapsed with the added moisture content.

We had a thin layer of ice on the walks down here too. Nice and click. Got out there early and threw some salt down before the wife came out. It didn't last long ... rain showers now. Calling for falling temps overnight and high winds tomorrow. About 38F on the way home from work a little while ago.

its funny you say that earlier this month i slipped in my driveway and hurt my self and last night i slipped down the front steps all from ice and wearing nike shock running shoes they now have been retired to the summer months only, i have a burn down my arm from trying to hiold on to the railing ankle and knees went different ways hurting big time today

My uncle works for the US postal service and just slipped on some black ice about 1 week ago. Result: Two broken ribs, punctured lung, and a broken collar bone. He was is the hospital a couple days, until his lung healed up. Good news is that there is no need for surgery to correct the breaks. Now just sit back and wait for everything to heal up again.