cheap high speed internet

drwxr

I am very seriously considering switching because Execulink just upped my price by 2 bucks a month.....

Last year Acanac had a free 30 trial and I used it for about 7 days and found absolutely no difference in speed or service except that they didn't offer newsgroups.

A ton of RFDer's switched and the reviews were mixed but overall satisfactory. Bascially if you know what you are doing with DSL now you will probably be laughing. If you don't have a clue about what do to with problems now switching to Acanac won't make things better. One thing I did like was that Acanac did come to the thread on RFD and answer any question anyone had..... Bell never has an answer..... no matter how many services you have with them.

Edited by Canuck2fan

well they use bell lines so if bell throtles it, there is nothing they can do, however they do have naked dsl service.

the other thing is you have to pay $227.40 (tax incl.) for the whole year in one payment.

but i just finished reading some reviews in dsl forums and overall rating was pretty good. will cancel my $50mth bell internet next month.

We wanted to upgrade from dial-up (free through work) and looked around for some deals and then we called Bell and and told them we didn't want to pay 49.99/month for hi speed since there are others offering it in our area for around $35/month and as longtime customers what would they do for us.

Guess what they said.

Thanks for your business all those years and hi speed will cost $26/m for the first 6 months and then $35/m after that.

Until when we asked?

For as long as you want it said the bell rep.

Great send us the modem to.....

Moral of the story, companies will reward loyal customers.

Just my $.02

jjcanoe

I'm using Teksavvy they have 2 plans unlimited and 200GB a month not throttled

If you want a GOOD costumer service anytime you have a problem with your connection I highly recommend them :thumbsup_anim:

Thats who I'm going with! Check out www.dslreports.com and www.canadianisp.com for further investigation for yourself drwxr.

Edited by Hooked

We wanted to upgrade from dial-up (free through work) and looked around for some deals and then we called Bell and and told them we didn't want to pay 49.99/month for hi speed since there are others offering it in our area for around $35/month and as longtime customers what would they do for us.

Guess what they said.

Thanks for your business all those years and hi speed will cost $26/m for the first 6 months and then $35/m after that.

Until when we asked?

For as long as you want it said the bell rep.

Great send us the modem to.....

Moral of the story, companies will reward loyal customers.

Just my $.02

jjcanoe

Sounds like you got the regular price for their "up to" 500kbps dsl line.

The $50 is a 5 000Kbps dsl line.

I pay the $50 but they have started throttling my P2P connection to 500kbps so I may be asking for my $15 back soon.

PS Bell support STINKS.

forrest

Ever heard of PRIMUS ??

59.99 a month includes.. DSL not limited... land line with 9 features.. unlimuted long distance in canada/us...

Not a bad deal :)

gonna switch next month

Better think about your decision here... they have a CRAP load of BAD reviews brother... www.canadianisp.com

Your hard earned cash can be spent wisely elsewhere..

G