ICE UPDATE BOG

addict

decided to try scumbog this morn.goreski area most areas had about 8-9 inches of ice but some serious soft spot glad there wasnt to much snow u could clearly see them as it got brighter large dark patches accidently crossed the edge of one it felt soft used my scoop to pick at it broke through like nothing if i wasnt a light guy i would have been swimmin for sure it was an area of about 10 square feet.as it got brighter u could see quitea few of these spots use caution or give it a few more days.fished for about and hr then wham fish on the way it hit and how strong it was i knew it was a lunge after a short battle i got a look about 32inch got his head in the hole twice before i broke off.fished for another hour and nothing making a pit stop for lunch then gonna try for steel this afternoon.be safe and good luck.

Thanks for the update...and nice report too,that big fish must have suprised you,i have caught several muskies from the bog while ice-fishing,and even had 1 jump right out of the hole,on to the ice,!!!!!make sure after the weekend that you give us a new update,like ernie said the temps are going to drop nicely,so it should tighten up those soft spots,i hope nobody take a machine out that way or there will be big trouble !!!!..cheers & thanks :canadian: