New Lund Fiberglass Boats Your Opinions?

Minnow

Hey guys just went to the boat show with my dad and saw the new Lund Fiberglass Lineup and was IMPRESSED!

They have the 186 Tyee and Fishermen and then a 206 GL PRO V I beleive and they are nice looking boats!

The 206 big model is loaded with gear! 300 HP Merc Verado! 9.9 Kicker, Minn Kota Reverse and Drift Troller on the back never even seen one before, Minn Kota Terrova 101 motor on the front, Lowarance GPS LMS on the front and a Lowrance LCX on the Console! All this for $59,999! Expensive but would you say this is a top of the line Multi-species boat and would you guys recommend a LUND boat?

They are brand new on the market and was just wondering what you guys think of them or if you have any insider info on them? Thanks!

This the 186 Tyee

Lund.jpg

If you decide to buy one, make sure you get the riveted fiberglass rather than the welded. :wallbash:

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Do a search... over the last 2 years we've discussed this move by Lund a few times.

I left glass for a reason and stand by my old arguement that Lund should stay with what they know, and let the many other companies under the Brunswick umbrella build the glass boats.

Edited by irishfield

correct me if I am wrong, isnt Lund & Ranger both under the same "company umbrella"? Or at least they used to be? Genmar i believe was the name...

Used to be is the correct answer.

Genmar sold their Aluminum boat line to Brunswick Co. (owners of Mercury Marine). Lund, Crestliner, and Lowe/Sea Nymth were included in the sale. Princecraft was already owned by Brunswick.

$60,000 is alot of money man. I would go to another boat and then you have money left over for a truck to pull it...LOL. Lund is way over priced!!

Apples to Apples Lund is no more expense than any of the others. Compare equal models of boats from Lund, Princecraft, Crestliner and you'll see that. The 300 Verado is the first 30 grand...9.9 pro kicker $4700..LCX and bow mount FF another $2800..trolling motor $1000...leaving about $21k for the boat itself.

I can say that Ford is more expensive than GM as well....when I want a Malibou and you want an F350 Diesel.

Edited by irishfield

I'll wait to hear some reviews on the glass lund this summer before commentingon their perormance etc.. But have always found Lund to be a good vessel , much like a nike shoe, good shoe but you pay for the name. But you will always pay extra for a name. Funny thing is my old lunker $2000.00 boat has had a lot more fish put in it than a lot of expensive fancy lunds out there. :thumbsup_anim:

driving a Ferrari doesn't make you a better driver than the guy in the Chevy, no matter how much extra you pay for the vehicle. :Gonefishing: