portable huts

Sinker

Does anyone put anything on the poles of thier portable huts to make them slide open/close better?

Mine seems to get harder and harder to slide every year. Last time I had mine out, I had to pound on them to get it down. Now the bolts where it connects to the sled are starting to bend a little. Its not a real big deal, but there must be something I can put on there....

I've sprayed them with WD-40....but it didn't seem to help much.

Any suggestions?

Sinker

Guest skeeter99

get a candle and rub them down with wax and while you are there do the zippers to and will have no more ice up

works like a charm

u might want to pull them out first and sandpaper them a bit to clean up then rub wax on them will not ice up or rust up

Right on....I'll try the wax. Should have thought of that myself.....duh....

I did the sandpaper already, then sprayed the wd-40 on the male ends. It didn't do much, but like IF said, wd only dries stuff up......thought maybe they were freezing a bit in there......guess not.....just too dry I guess.

Wax it is.....I'll let ya know how I make out...

Thanks for the info!

Sinker

All WD-40 does is dry stuff out. Great for ignitions..terrible for lubing anything. I'd try either "spray lube" (blue label/red cap at CTC) or some silicon spray.

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne,IGNITIONS?????????? Very bad. It is very explosive that WD-40.

Guess you had to be there as my mustang went ka plooy. Or is that ka powyLOL

Edited by misfish

Well after the report back from my bro,I,ll be spraying my poles with dry grafite.

A little rust hurt nothin aslong as you treat it right.

Grafite is the ticket here Sinker.

It lubes and will not allow adhiering.

Graphite eh.....hmm.....

I have no rust.....they're galvanized poles.....just don't want to slide to well for me this year.

I have lots of candles......well...the wife does :)......I think I'll try that out and see what happens.

Can't make it any worse I guess..... :dunno:

Sinker

Galv still gets a bit of rust particals. Dont kid yerself.

If Justin is reading,I sent him a can of the stuff. Must of worked.LOL

Who ya go,na trust,a counrty bumpkin or a brother from the rock. L M A O

Edited by misfish

Hey Brian,

Yep, Justin is reading... :thumbsup_anim:

The can of graphite you sent worked well for the two-man hut last season. For some reason, that hut had some real issues with the poles being very stiff and not sliding. I actually took along a rubber mallet to help in the process when times were very tough! :wallbash:

The new one-man hut has no issues with the poles.....but I'll be saving that can for other things for sure.. (thanks again, bud..)

Good Fishing,

Justin