NF - Leafs Poll

SlowPoke

Who should leave first?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Something needs to happen FAST! Who SHOULD go and WHY?

• John Ferguson Jr.
    • Paul Maurice
    • Mats Sundin
    • Andrew Raycroft
    • Other

Richard Peddie and Larry Tannenbaum need to go first. No decent general manager will work for them. Turfing JFJ while they are still around is going to help the team.

The general manager should be allowed to decide who coaches the team; so it would make sense to keep Maurice around for now. The new GM can decide his fate later.

It would be nice to trade some of the players fro draft choices; unfortunately, the veterans all seem to have no trade clauses, bloated contracts that no other team will accept, or both. I think it will take a long time to rebuilding the team wants the team actually starts rebuilding. Who knows if and when they will even start.

I'm not buying into the money arguement - maybe in the old (pre-cap) days but not now. I've also heard enough about the Teachers Pension Fund. They're entitled to make money and don't you think they wouldn't mind a few extra playoff game revenues? Of course! This isn't about complacent ownership, it is about inept ownership. Unfortunately we can't fire the owners.

This team is happy to spend up to the cap and obviously have no qualms in over-paying management and coaching staffs.

I have no doubt in my mind that the team would benefit from a hockey minded person given carte blanche. They have the means to attract the right individual but who in thier right mind would want to work for such a meddling group of power-hungry owners. Well, Colangelo took the plunge with the Raptors. Time will tell whether that was the correct decision.

In the meantime, I'd be surprised if JFJ gets to see more than another week with the Leafs.

-Brian

Here we are in January and this is the first Leafs post of the season. What's wrong? Are folks backing away from hockey?

We're trying to get an NHL franchise here in Thunder Bay Roy, but since Toronto is so much bigger, they'll probably get one before we do.

There is an even bigger problem with the Leafs that goes higher than JFJ. It is Richard Peddie and Larry Tannenbaum. The 2 of them combined havn't a clue of how to run a sports franchise! Look what the did to the Raptors! Finally someone got smart and hired Collangelo and now look at them! They are a much better team now that the 2 of the above mentioned play no part in the team. JFJ is the puppet for those 2!!! They have run the team to the ground, the have no regard for the fans and the only thing that they care about is $$$. Stanley Cups and a winning team means nothing to them!!!! Try to get a ticket!!! 75% of the ACC is corporate tickets!!! And if you are lucky enough to get a ticket, you are out a weeks pay (for most people). They were the ONLY team in the league not to lower ticket prices after the lockout!! Hell, they raised the prices!!! This is the end result of a company that is being dictated by a MONSTER PENSION PLAN that only sees number and not results!!! I have been a die hard Leaf fan my entire life and to see what is happening at MLSE makes me sick!!! What kind of President (Peddie) says publicly, that he never would of hired JFJ? Or lets bring in a mentor for JFJ? Ridiculous..... Where's the professionalism there? When the interviewed Scotty Bowman for a position he said " I would fire everybody" Which is what should happen !!!! get rid of Peddie, Tannenbaum, The Teacher's Pension Plan as an owner and JFJ. The franchise has tanked, our farm system is less than adequate and yet we still keep paying!!! Let's model ourselves after Detroit. You ask why? They are great year after year..... They never trade away draft picks and they are consitently developing their players!

I just want you to know guys and gals, I bleed blue and white. I am very passionate about this team but I am getting to the point where I am ready to throw in the towel!! I can't stand the humility anymore!!! That is my rant for the year and by no way shape or form intended to upset anyone.

Have a great weekend!!! :devil:

WOW,very well said Grant.I'm a lifer as well and just as frustrated. I'm afraid that poor Paul Maurice is going to take the fall. I think he's a good coach and I don't believe for a second that this mess is his fault. Now for the poll I'm answering Sundin. I am a big Sundin fan, but the Leafs should trade some of their older big $$$ players while they can get good value in return (draft picks and young talent).Let's face it, what playoff contending team couldn't use Sundin? He'd be an asset anywhere. They need to bring in a "Bowman" and start from the scouting and work his way up. What the Leafs really need is a multi billlionaire who is a die hard hockey fan (who wants nothing more than to win) to buy the team, hire Scotty Bowman and give him the control he wants and needs to turn this franchise around. Then the fans need to give him the time to make it happen. It can't happen overnight. They'll suck for a while ...... yes even more than they do. The people who really "bleed blue and white" will understand and accept it if they can see light at the end of the tunnel. No one else matters. The team will make money anyway. They're the second richest team in hockey (next to the Rangers) and now that there's a cap in place monkeys could make a fortune there (we have proof). AND we also have proof that when done correctly a team can be turned around quite dramatically in a timely fashion (eg:Collangelo). Anyone who watched the Raps game today will attest to that!! Any billionaires on this site?? I hear there's a hockey team for sale.