LOWRENCE FISH LO-K-TOR

kingjames_2nd

I found this old fish finder ina a pile of my grandfathers old things after he passed away. Back then i didnt know what it was. While rummaging through the pile looking for a minnow trap i had stashed in there I found it again and realized what it was.

Here are some images of my new old Lowrence FISH LO-K-TOR model 300 (not D)

IMGP1693.JPG

IMGP1694.JPG

IMGP1695.JPG

IMGP1696.JPG

IMGP1697.JPG

IMGP1698.JPG

IMGP1699.JPG

My problem is found in the following 2 images. The transducer cover has been removed or fallen out. This is an easy fix with a couple bolts and nuts. The wire which I am holding is the power source for the unit. I do not know what Kind of battery it takes though I suspect it might be 2 D size flashlight batteries. I can rig up a battery holder and connectors no problem but I dont want to fry the unit putting in the wrong type of batteries. Can any one tell me the battery type? or the voltage required? do you think it would work with one of those big square batteries with the positive and negative springs? Does any one have experience with these ? I believe they were nicknamed the "green box".

IMGP1700.JPG

IMGP1701.JPG

ALSO, any info as-to how they work would be greatly appriciated. IE: sensitivity nob, suppressor nob?

Thanks!

James

Good stuff SpoonMaster! I had an original Lowrance (green box) many years ago also. I also have a Combo C-Lector. A great piece of equipment. Depth temp and suggested bait colours...good stuff! Here's a bad pic I just took.

DSC00967.JPG

I posted a few months back my first ever "fish-finder" very similar to your "Lowrance Green box"

Mine will run on two 6V lantern batteries. I have also tried it with a 12V re-chargeable emergency light battery, and it works well.

A very nice piece of our fishing history

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...l=Flasher+units

John

Yeah John, I was just going to suggest that a gell cell rechargeable 12 volt battery would be a lot better than the two 6 volt lantern batteries wired in series. 7 Ah should fit.

I would have the two lantern batteries only for nostalgic reasons and probably keep the unit as a display item only as Wayne suggested. I love old pieces of our fishing history!