Virginia Beach Dec.28?07 (pics included)

icewalker28

On the water by 9 with my dad and two buddies. Fish bit almost off the hop and big perch especially. One in the 14 range(fat) and several 11-13". Kept abot 25 between us and tossed the big girls back. Dead action from 12-2 , but then back on. Last Tuesday jigging rap outproduced minnows with an agressive jig. Today complete opposite with a deadstick. Saw huge schools under the shade of the fish trap. 12 -13 fow . Marmooska jigs and Genz worms were the ticket tipped with a minnow or minnow head. 9-10 inches of ice in most places around the huts. 3 trucks out there today??????????? Play safe and bring cleats if you got em'. Tomorrow is a Crappie hunt.

Will post pics soon. Gotta get up for 4am and didn't get them off the camera tonight.

IMGP0045.jpg

IMGP0048-1.jpg

derek2-1.jpg

Edited by icewalker28

Thanks for the compliment on the report. Virgiia is really producing some big perch right now.

I was going to go to Keswick but i think the ice is better in Virginia and the schools contain more #s of bigger jumbos. Back out tomorrow for some crappie or lakers. Can't decide.

Cheers