Xmas gift to self

Garry2Rs

Buck and I turned our boat over to a local canvas shop a few days ago to have a cover made.

This was our Xmas gift to ourselves...the only fool proof way of getting what we really wanted...GRIN.

Today we picked the boat up and were very pleased with the new cover.

NewBoatcover1.jpg

It's fitted with a boot to go over the windshield and has a cut out for the trolling motor to come through.

Trollingmotorboot.jpg

The prop on the trolling motor is inside a heavy vinyl bag, to protect the outer matterial.

There is a separate boot that covers the trolling motor and control cables.

Trollingmotorboot-2.jpg

Velcro around the openings in the main cover make for a snug fit.

The whole thing is held on with metal twist loops, like the edges of a convertible top.

Starboardrearview.jpg

Rearview.jpg

On my cross country trips I have destroyed two CTC/Wal-Mart type covers and two or three tarps.

I decided to bite the bullet for a custom made cover and see how it stands up to the long drive.

Garry2rs

Very nice Garry!

I tow mine with a cover on and the biggest problem I have is keeping everything tight. The wind on the highway really takes a toll on the material if it starts to flap around. Maybe check into some extra straps for the long drive home.

I never got around to getting the summer cover off and the winter shelter on it. The last big snowfall did a little damage and I will get it in this spring for some repairs. I think I will get an alteration done to cover the trolling motor as well. I currently remove my Minn Kota Maxxum 65# with a slide on bracket. I'm getting too old to be lugging that thing on and off all the time!