ICE Fishing?

hi09

Simcoe perch action can be pretty fun. Its nice to be catching a bunch of fish to keep you warm as they arent the toughest fish to catch or find... Cooks bay will hopefully soon have huts out on it, by the new year it should be really safe with all operators going, at this rate anyway...

I second binbrook conservation for the simple reason is that they won't let you on the ice untill it's definatly safe,,or go with a hut operator up at simcoe,,,,no need for beginners to be heading out on new ice,,,just my opinion,,,,don't want to see anyone hurt is all

I second binbrook conservation for the simple reason is that they won't let you on the ice untill it's definatly safe,,or go with a hut operator up at simcoe,,,,no need for beginners to be heading out on new ice,,,just my opinion,,,,don't want to see anyone hurt is all

you are refering to binbrook over in hamilton area right - yea i called they will start fishing later on in january

A great place to try is little Puslinch Lake as well as Big Puslinch Lake. I was out there on Saturday with my husband and there is a good 6 inches of clear ice and another 4 of white ice. and there was a lot of Pike action all day as well as some perch. :canadian:

Edited by kellyann.nicholas