My new Fryin Pan

GNODDY

Well I put a deposit on this bad boy today. I'm pumped it has a live well, storage, bilge its the same size as my old tinny but now I have floors and can also attach a trolling motor alot easier on the bow. I am freakin excited I have a 15 SS which I am hoping will push it enough to get it on plane but we'll see. If not I guess I'll have to look at a 20 HP.

Boat016.jpg

Boat019.jpg

Boat011.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by GNODDY

Hey Gnoddy,

Great looking boat!! I have the same vessel, although mine will be celebrating it's 20th birthday next season!! :clapping: (still can't believe it's been that long..)

Although they were called a Springbok back then, they are identical in layout and design.

Have put mine through a tonne of abuse over the years, and she still works great. I run a 20HP, and would probably suggest you do the same on yours.

As you can see from these photos, I "pimped" out the ride over the years. Built a front casting deck, and made the deck portion behind it (which once held another seat) a storage space.

Also converted the side storage space to an additional livewell, as I used to fish tournaments with this back in the day.

Added a bow-mount, electronics, bilge...and she was good to go.

Other than the lighter shade of blue carpet, all of the rest is the original. (goes to show you that cleaning your boat regularly and always using a cover when not in use really extends the life of your vessel and it's components.)

Enjoy the new ride - I still am 20 years later!!

Bass01-1.jpg

Aug213.jpg

Aug211.jpg

Oct02.jpg

Good Fishing,

Justin

Ya that finder is probably as old as I am. to JustinHoffman I think eventually I am going to run a 20 but for now i've got a 15 johnson in the basement with electric start if she won't get up on plane fast enough I'll try one of those hydrofoils and hopefully that works. It was tough enough for me to convince the wife to let me sell my old tinny in order to buy another one of the same size.