Gcd..........hows The Pooch ?

lew

She is getting a litle bit better every day Lew, the gashes on her left hind quarter are almost healed up.

sundogs004.jpg

But she still has to wear the steel contraption that holds her jaw together for another 3 weeks.

sundogs007.jpg

sundogs005.jpg

... and unfortunately her left front leg will never "heal", it is little more than a "wet noodle" and has to be worn in a sling (we tuck it inside of the sweater), but she is becoming more proficeint at "motoring" on 3 legs and can keep her balance better and can even "run" at a pretty good clip for short bursts that will get longer as her stamina improves... and she says Thank You very much for asking about her, and she loves all critter lover people! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Greencoachdog

Thanks Glen, it's good to hear she's gonna make it OK and I'm sure she'll adapt with no real problems, dogs are pretty versatile.

Hope Santa has a few extra goodies in his bag for her next week, but I guess there's no doubt about that eh ?? :thumbsup_anim::santa:

Great news! My kitten isn't impressed with her bald tummy and staples from her spay operation. We have a lot of animal lovers on this board and we treat them like kids. (Or better! :D )

Instead of a sweater, that makes dogs hot, maybe a strap could be devised for holding the leg up??

Just a thought.

Pam :santa:

Looks like the little guy is recovering quite nicely. I remember when I was a kid....our neighbour had a dog with 3 legs...and man could that dog run!!! He was missing a front leg too. He too was hit by a car, but lived a very active and healthy life. My neighbour said that he was "lucky" that it was a front and not a back leg....all power and support come from the back, and they are quick to learn the front is for balance.