Downriggers Im gonna buy a set what are good models

2 tone z71

Metal verses Plastic :whistling: . Should I say anymore.

In some regards you have a point Dave... but considering I have 23 years of plastic moulding under my belt I know what to look for. I can mould you a "plastic" part that is stronger than steel... in fact we did it for the military night sights on rifles for the US army thru Elcan optical. I question the Scotty covers plastic for longevity..but the Cannons have steel telescopic booms with plastic lock collars and the base is glass reinforced nylon. I don't see it deteriorating in my life time..other than possibly a boom collar cracking.

Out on the west coast salt chuck you wouldn't even know there were brands other than Scotty. The plastic and stainless combo avoids electrolysis and corrosion better than anything else. Plus the warranty is tremendous. If its only ever going to be freshwater, no issue..

And as others have mentioned, one trip alone with manual riggers, and you will be kicking yourself for not getting electrics!

Cheers

suds

I used to own a pair of manual Canon's and I hated the fact that they were manual. I quit using them shortly thereafter. My buddy owns a pair of Scotty's and I have to admit they're mighty slick. I suppose they're all good at doing what they do. Here's me with a catch from L. Ontario last September.....in the background you can see his Scottys'.

DSC00066.JPG