To clean the driveway or not????

motv8tr

Well it's been snowing here all morning and I have I would guess close to a foot of snow in the driveway and it's not supposed to end until tomorrow morning. So, do I don my snowsuit and go out and make use of the snow blower, or do I stay inside by the fire and wait until tomorrow morning ;) Just when I think I might go out, the wind picks up and frankly I don't like the snow blowing back in my face :rolleyes:

Nothing urgent to get to today that can't wait until tomorrow....just spending money at the stores ;)

What would you do???

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Well it's been snowing here all morning and I have I would guess close to a foot of snow in the driveway and it's not supposed to end until tomorrow morning. So, do I don my snowsuit and go out and make use of the snow blower, or do I stay inside by the fire and wait until tomorrow morning ;) Just when I think I might go out, the wind picks up and frankly I don't like the snow blowing back in my face :rolleyes:

Nothing urgent to get to today that can't wait until tomorrow....just spending money at the stores ;)

What would you do???

Maureen

If it's already a foot deep then you probably should move it. If it gets much deeper, unless you have a pretty serious unit and good tall cutter bars, yer gonna be wallowing in the stuff when you try to do it later.

I always look at the direction the wind's blowing and throw the white stuff away from the wind if possible. Just get it up in the air as high as possible and the wind will blow it away if it's dry. Let yer neighbours figger out what to do with it. :whistling:

JF

Mo Im am back in for the FITH time today.I have plowed the 2 lots and shipping area and all the time out,there was 5 inches or more.UNREAL.

BTW.Dont you truckers know you need snows when you head up here.Everyone of them pretty much got stuck.

Edited by misfish

You get to play in the snow with a "power tool" What is there to think about? Get out there and blow some snow. Maybe even do the neighbors?

There's nothing like snow to make you feel like a kid again!!!

And if she talks to someone like Cliff really really nice she could end up with enough power and the right gearing to throw the snow so high she'd never have a pile in her yard. That's what power toyz are all about.

JF

I'd get at it Maureen... I just spent 3 hours in our laneway with the truck/plow (usually takes me 45 minutes). It's a bugger to move..the freezing rain last night complicates things as everything under that layer is soaking wet.

Then again,she could take a 4 month leave of absence,and wait for the spring thaw. :whistling::Gonefishing:

Well I sucked it up and took a run at it. Managed to start the thing this time, with the pull cord, not ready to use the electric start yet ;) Got most of it done, than ran out of gas so the back will have to wait until tomorrow. Wasn't too bad at all really, but the wind kept changing directions on me :wallbash:

Here are some pics of the mythical white stuff called snow, and the mythical abominable snow dog ;)

The new toy :D

gallery_46_17_29146.jpg

Snow drift at the back door

gallery_46_17_18120.jpg

The after shot...no before shot, didn't want to treck through the snow ;)

gallery_46_17_46280.jpg

Sasha

gallery_46_17_47045.jpg

Austin

gallery_46_17_19926.jpg

Maureen