How Weather effects fish (If you have limited days to fish then you will want to read this!)

Vanselena

Or here's the text..

Years ago, as most other fisherpeople, I suspected the weather affected fish and their eating habits. About 6 years ago I decided to find out if there was any truth to this theory. Here is what I did and found out.

First I joined fishing message boards all across North America from British Colombia to California and from Florida to Ontario. On these message boards I would ask how the fishing was and then plotted the general consensus for that day. I did this for 6 months and at the same time I took a copy of the weather map from Unisys weather, and plotted the moon phase.

As time went on there was an emerging pattern. The pattern showed the following.

A warming trend caused a dramatic increase in the fish bite.

A cooling trend caused the fish bite to slow down.

A low pressure system approaching whereby the Bottom of the pressure system struck the area caused an increase in fish bite. conversly the opposite was also true.

Extreme high pressure or extreme low pressure shut down the fish bite, conversely if the pressure was in the middle or even close the bite was hot. Generally 1016 was the best barometric pressure.

Windy days the bite was slow, calm days the bite was slow. a slight chop seemed the best.

When between the new moon and full moon the fish bite was good, between a full moon and new moon the fish bite was slow.

Wind direction from the NW, SW or W was best, anything from the east the bite was slower.

From this I produced a 5* rating based on

* Temperature trend

* Wind Strength

* Barometric pressure

* Wind Strength

* Moon Phase

BONUS was low pressure system from the bottom

I'd say most fisherman go by the weather. Some fair weather some not.....

Yeah,and some listen to much to the weather.

Tell me how many days you all stayed home because of the weather forcasted was to be crap,but turned out to be perfect Musky boating weather. :whistling::whistling::blahblah1::dunno::D

Edited by misfish

It is AFFECT not effect. To affect something is to have an effect on the thing. Sorry my pet peeve. Just like irregardless. There is NO SUCH word. It is regardless.

That being said, regardless of your opinion and how you voice it, it will have no effect on my strongly held knowledge regarding the effective use of the words affect and effect.

In the words of my daughter, " So there; PBBBBBTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!" :blahblah1::blahblah1::wallbash:

Just like irregardless. There is NO SUCH word. It is regardless.

Thank you so much...that one drives me up the wall. Only worse abuse of the language is when I listen to CNN and hear them pronounce 'negotiate' as 'negociate'. ..that one is worse than fingernails on the blackboard to me, yell at my tv evertime I hear it.