Has anyone been fishing the shoreline and marinas in Barrie?

Hey all,

This saturday a friend of mine has asked me to fish the shorelines and marinas of Barrie on Lake Simcoe with him for perch and maybe some pike. This will be my last chance to go fishing in Canada this year, so hopefully I can have a few fun packed hours of catching fish - no matter what size they are. :Gonefishing:

Has anyone been fishing there? Are there any perch in the marinas - any jumbos.. or maybe some pike? Is the marina open or iced up? Any other good spots to try?

Any other tips would be appreciated. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks

A couple friends of mine were up last weekend, very crowded . . . . and it appears that 'JUMBO' rated perch have dropped in size . . . . . anything over 7" is now a 'JUMBO!' They didn't catch a lot, and since they generally only keep 10" & up, the never got a 'keeper' between 'em! They were just south of the fountain, casting slip floats, with about 14' under 'em, yellow/green tubes and 1/32 ounce jig head, about 75+' out, just past the drop-off.

Thanks guys.... So from the advice so far I guess I need to dress up warm with some shoulder pads on and fight for a spot to catch some small perch in the freezing cold - the true Canadian fishing experience - can't wait! :lol::rolleyes:;):ph34r::Gonefishing::canadian:

Anyone been down there this week? I presume the marinas aren't frozen?

Cheers

Actually, when you're fishing along the shore, about 100 yards south of the fountain, you can see where the water gets deeper . . . . . you go from 3' of water, to about 20' in a real hurry before it seems to flatten out. I've tested all along there with a float and heavy sinker . . . . found that about 14' seemed to get the best results. And you sure are right about those floating docks, I've seen 2 people unintentionally test floater suits at the marina!