Pre Sunrise Report

wishn4fishn

So i rise early to greet the darkness around 5. I pack everything including the roe bags i tied the night before. About a dozen of 3 colours in micro size. I retied bigger brown roe bags i already had from sunday which were way too big. I decided to get there early so i can let my dog off the leash and frolic in the darkness like a posessed demon.

On the way there i notice my HICAS (4 wheel steering) light come on and it started to flicker like the candlelight within a jack o' lantern. I noticed resistance in my power steering as i'm hugging the curves like an overjoyed kid. Soon the ABS light joins the party and in orchastrated symphony flickers to the beat of the other light. Something is just not right. hmmmm.

I get to the Tims order the usual XL TT and everything bagel. The service was quite delightful as if they're overdosing on prozac in the back. This is highly unusual since it's about 5:30 and the workers usually hate the world and everything in it. I get my bagel before the funky but chunky chick who ordered before me. As i chewed the lightly crisp bagel and shared some with my dog i began to ponder how unlikely this morning is. Proper bagel, prompt serivce, good ratio on the coffee, car acting up.

Maybe i'm still dreaming or snoozing in bed. I finish contemplating and with new found thirst for steelhead i get in the car and turn the key. A few clicking noises and my battery is dead.

I call CAA, half hour later they boost me and battery check which came around 10-11 Volts, alternator boosts it up to 14. They offer to call me towing which i refuse. It's not too far from home. In total suspense and absoutly no lights i make it home just in time for work.

A sense of river defeat overwhelmed me as if i'm not good enough to be there tempting the fish with my offerings. I can deal with the occasional skunking but not even a chance puts my soul to sleep.

So how's your day starting?

Oh man....that sucks!!! I hope the car doesn't cost too much. My morning was fine, but not too long ago, I had an important early morning meeting, so I left my house extra early. I stopped for gas in Scarborough, and when I put the key in the ignition, it broke off!!! Long story short, 2 hours later a CAA guy comes, tows it to a dealership and by 3pm, I have a new key.

No car troubles, thankfully, but the pointy haired idiot that I work for came up with a network design that absolutely 100% will not work and now he wants me to "make it so".

Maybe I should reverse engineer alchemy too

2, maybe 4 more years and thats the end of this crap, going fishin

My day started out great! :angry: I had to put my 22 year old cat down this morning as it seemed that almost all of his bodily functions decided to stop functioning in the last 3 days.

Very sad time, when I think back to the mid 80's when we got him as a kitten. He loved to "fish" with me, he chasing the cat-nip pouches on my flippin stick... he always had time to fish!

Hope everyone elses's day is better!

HH

I'm mostly in favour of technology but I liked it when cars were simpler. No computers and sensors to mess up, a screwdriver to adjust the carburettor, you could actually find the spark plugs, a half inch wrench and a good ear to adjust timing and an hour or two in the driveway to do a brake job.

Oh yeah, sounds like you have a messed up computer.

Edited by Bob