Brown Trout (and a bonus Coho)

solopaddler

I see my error. Sorry 'bout that. Guess I'm a bit touchy tonight...

Actually bud, I've been fishing that place for 15 years now and have never heard it called "the dump" before, LOL!

I did "get it" though, but it would be pretty easy for someone to assume that meant a trip to the local landfill site was in order :) .

Edited by solopaddler

Solo:

I was wondering where is a good place to go for browns as i have never caught one. I know that you'll never divulge your exact spot but where do you go. I live near the humber

So yesterday I'm checking the freezer to see how my roe supply is and darned if I'm not running low.

Wonder how that happened? :)

I decided to make a suicide run to favourite spot for browns today...Worked 'till 6am this morning then left straight from the office with my gear in tow...I had to work fast as I had to be back in the office at 2pm for another 16 hour shift :P .

Anyhow I'm basically a zombie at the moment but mission accomplished. Tied into a bunch of hen browns as well as 1 bonus female coho.

This is pretty much the only instance where I'll harvest these fish, once a year every fall.

Here's a few shots of the browns...

100_1890.jpg

100_1891.jpg

100_1892.jpg

And the bonus coho...

100_1887.jpg

100_1888.jpg

And best of all...

Brown roe

100_1895.jpg

And some very sweet bright orange coho roe

100_1896.jpg

Look out steelies here I come! :D:D:D

Solo:

I was wondering where is a good place to go for browns as i have never caught one. I know that you'll never divulge your exact spot but where do you go. I live near the humber

Humber is a great spot for browns, many times fishing for salmon i could not keep them off my hook. Dont forget your pitchfork :Gonefishing:

Holy crap...can we stick with one user name around here already...

SKZ Custom SkelzWoods Today, 01:31 PM

FishFinder SKZ Custom 1st November 2007 - 08:45 PM

Fish On FishFinder 12th June 2007 - 10:58 AM

FishFinder Fish On 12th April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Great fish Mike...if I didnt' say so already.

Holy crap...can we stick with one user name around here already...

SKZ Custom SkelzWoods Today, 01:31 PM

FishFinder SKZ Custom 1st November 2007 - 08:45 PM

Fish On FishFinder 12th June 2007 - 10:58 AM

FishFinder Fish On 12th April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Great fish Mike...if I didnt' say so already.

Wayne, Request the mods to disable the name change feature if you have a problem with it.

Cheers

SkelzWoods

Previously SKZ Custom

Previously Fishfinder

Previously Fish on

Previously Fishfinder

hey Mike any anyone else,

What do you guys do with the carcus? I also take fish once a year for roe but I never know what to do with the remains. I usually end up giving it someone that wants it so it doesn't go to waste.

Thanks

Same. What do you do with it? other then eating and giveing it to other? I have yet took a brown. (seen alot)

BTW> I was told that if the egg are lose you can kinda milk a small bit out and the trout will live. And then again few other people told me that is wrong and bit my head off saying that it will kill it, and I should (if eggs are needed take the fish alltogetter) keep it...

Can some one tell me what is right? I don't like to take a brown home, sorry I really don't like to kill or clean + eat them.

Edited by Kory~K