Another pickeral question

moemoe

With all the talk of Quinte, and hoping to get out there myself yet this fall, After Gerrits post of using jigs, got me wondering why all the trolling with bodybaits and does anyone use worm harnesses? Fish Erie the odd time and harnesses generally outproduce the body baits, Same forage base for the "eyes", as i I troll trying to find the schools of baitfish in Erie, any thoughts or has anyone tried the worms?

Edited by moemoe

With all the talk of Quinte, and hoing to get out there myself yet this fall, After Gerrits post of using jigs, got me wondering why all the trolling with bodybaits and does anyone use worm harnesses? Fish Erie the odd time and harnesses generally outproduce the body baits, Same forage base for the "eyes", as i I troll trying to find the schools of baitfish in Erie, any thoughts or has anyone tried the worms?

Moemoe I use worm harnesses in the spring and summer in Quinte but come November the walleye want to eat alot and the worm harness is less appealing.I use crank bait muskie lures 7 inches long .In November they want a meal not a snack.Worm harnesses have not worked for me in November.

Hope to see ya there in November.Mike

WORM HARNESSES ROCK !!!!!! :clapping::worthy::worthy: always use them myself,and yes those quinte walleyes will gladly take a fat crawler,on a harness,no problem....as well there is a good opoulation of resident walleyes & pike & bass that will readily take a harness.. :w00t: ..about 5 yrs ago,i almost won a walleye tournament by using a worm harness when nothing else was working....so i use blades that are a size or 2 bigger than normal because of the depths that i need to fish then,and they send out an incredible thumping vibration that calls them in from far away....so now you let the secret out of the bag...i made about 10 just for quinte a few weeks back and a few with glow-in-the-dark blades....oh man i cant wait....cheers & good-luck :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

When I fished BOQ in the spring, worm harnesses produced loads of huge perch. We started releasing our walleyes because we could get a feed of perch in under 30 minutes on worms. One of our guys really slayed the eyes with a #3 Blue Fox spinner tipped with a worm. He fished it like a jig, just off bottom, while we drifted.

Ont is the only Province where you'll here walleye called Pickeral

Email "Going Fishing" and ask for the real Name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Walleye is right

Pickeral is a Chain Pike

Last year I boated a lot of fish just drifting Lucky Strike Silver Victor Spinners tipped with a worm. With wind speed and depth of the fish on your Graph add a split shot or 2,3,4 to get down to were you figure the fish are.(Tip: Tie a stinger hook on the spinner) Trolling with all that other crap on your line is not much fun, I do it, but I'd sooner catch a Sheephead, better fight. Dragging a Walleye in with 6 other lines out is not much fun just to get a picture holding a Big Hog. I get more fight walking my dog down the street. I'll be there again in a couple weeks doing the same stupid thing trolling for an entree in the clubs. Nothing like drifting and jigging for (Pickerel) More Funner :thumbsup_anim: , sometimes you can find a school of fish away from the crowds. Watch the wind, when the wind is blowing into the bay the fish are in, blowing out, the fish are out. A lot of guys cast at night in the harbour off the docks and do very well.

Good Luck

davesheepwg2.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

I was thinking of trying the dipsey,worm combo 8 foot lead, and riggers, same setup as Erie, with boards added with deep body bait divers, I agree with Clampit and depth control is paramount, which I think can be best achieved with riggers and dipseys as opposed to adding weight.

Edited by moemoe