Trippin' Deep Into Cheepas Pike Land. Report.

Moosebunk

Yeah Chris... totall agree. LOL.

Was cool fitting Kev into one of my home reports for a change. Had we not hit the cabin that first night I was going to get a pic of him standing on the railroad tracks hitch-hiking with his little hobo bundle pack on a stick. ahaha.

Well where to begin here, other than dang AWSOME!!!!!!!

The Bunk posted, and I was on a long shot with the wife to say yes, I mean it was 5 days notice

Well Asked the Wife (Roxy) and the 1st Thing I said was I got a favor to ask She replies " Are you going out for milk?"Thats kinda the code for I'm goin fishin with Bunk Yes hun...... No hesitation, well we had better go shoppin

Well I got my gear set, borrwed a few heavier rods From Rob, and I was packed.

Takin the bus there was the best choice, it was mid week after all. Well the bus and train did not conect gettin there or home, so it was a hotel either way. Well bus 10am Wed am, ready, I'm there.... Well the guy comes to me and says Where ya headin?" I say Cochrane, he says"No your not" What the heck?? Well seems ONL (Ontario North Land) Busses are on picket............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Well in true fasion I call my wife and say guess the trips over b4 it began.... She says "Take a cab here, need to do a few things, and we will load the van" What else to say about my lovely other than she IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, try to shorten it up here.. Got on the trian, wound up in the Moose for bout 2pm on the Thurs, and well you saw the report, the rest is there

Then out on Thurs, meet up with Roxy, her best friend Wanda and her fiance Bear (We call him that cause he kinda reminds me of Hoss )

Well we crash in Cochrane on the Thurs (Train got in bout 10pm) Well on the way home the girls had a plan to spend a night somewhere in a resort or cabin type thing

Well on route we stopped for chow in Kirkland Lake, we happened upon the place called GIM'S

Well if anyone ever want's to eat in the KL area, holy ol shyte don't look any further than this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food was AMAZING, and the service was just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back there for sure!!!!

Well we ended up thinkin it was a one night thing, but the girls behind our backs got us all 2 nights at Temagami Shores resort!!! What a stellar place, food, and staff, almost felt like Kesagami all over, except the fishinYa we went out on Sat in the snow rain and sleet only to get soaked, and SKUNKED

Then today made our 4hr desent to the O-Town and arrived in fine fasion, tired, but well all round.

In closing, I cannot say what a FANTASTIC lad Bunk is, and aswell as his lovely new bride Brenda, and of course his 2 angels Summer and Leah. Thank you guys so much for havin me, and I can't begin to say how great you guy's are!!!!

And for Brother Bunk, buddy you sure made me a believer on the Johnson's bro, wicked spoon!!!! Your food was the best ever, can't beleive we ate like king's in the bush, man you know what to pack to ensure a wicked feast!!!

This is our 5th trip we have taken for chasin the fishies, and if anyone ever has the opp to fish with Bunkster, you'll kick yourself till the end of day's for passin it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much bro, for makin this a trip I will NEVER forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F.F

Hey Irish, "Larry" most certainly made us feel like we were royalty, aswell as the amazing staff. We most certainly will be back for another stay at "The Shores" it was simply a perfect way to cap off an already perfect trip :clapping:

Though, heading onto a new lake blind, I humbly admit I surely will say the fish won that round :wallbash:

F.F

Well if Drew would step off the train/out of the truck one of these times he would be able to tell you where to fish Lake T..LOL. My cottage is right across the lake from the shores dock...place with the floater docks drawbridged and x roped right now. Or at least I hope they're still there ! LOL

A great story accompanied by some wonderful pics. Thanks as always Andrew for sharing these type experiences with us southern types. Two questions though. How much outboard gas did you use for the trip and did you cache gas on your way in?

Two questions though. How much outboard gas did you use for the trip and did you cache gas on your way in?

Cached 17 gallons near the mouth of the Cheepas a few days before leaving for the trip. Took a total of about 25 gallons but in the end burned only 17 or so. Downriver run home from 55km + 32km only used about 2 1/2 - 3 gallons, the upriver part is obviously the fuel burner.

Thanks Andrew. I was just wondering. I have an 07 Honda 4 stroke 15 HP. My gas tank capacity is 12 litres (2.64 Imp gals). On our Aug walleye trip, we had to run 19 miles to get to our cabin. Running near WOT, I used a little more than half a tank to get our 16 foot aluminum Nadon (1971 edition) camp boat (fully loaded) to the cabin. Thanks again for your great report!

Yet another great report bunk! Sorry to hear about you arm though...that always sucks....at least the drugs made it bearable.

As much as I'd love to tag along on one of your excursions, I'm not sure I'm physically up to it...LOL. I'd sure die trying though. (or at least endure lots of pain).

Great story and photos....love your reports!

Oh yeah...you seem to know lots of hobbits....haven't seen him around the shire in a while now....at least I knew where he was now :-)

Well where to begin here, other than dang AWSOME!!!!!!!

The Bunk posted, and I was on a long shot with the wife to say yes, I mean it was 5 days notice

Well Asked the Wife (Roxy) and the 1st Thing I said was I got a favor to ask She replies " Are you going out for milk?"Thats kinda the code for I'm goin fishin with Bunk Yes hun...... No hesitation, well we had better go shoppin

Well I got my gear set, borrwed a few heavier rods From Rob, and I was packed.

Takin the bus there was the best choice, it was mid week after all. Well the bus and train did not conect gettin there or home, so it was a hotel either way. Well bus 10am Wed am, ready, I'm there.... Well the guy comes to me and says Where ya headin?" I say Cochrane, he says"No your not" What the heck?? Well seems ONL (Ontario North Land) Busses are on picket............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Well in true fasion I call my wife and say guess the trips over b4 it began.... She says "Take a cab here, need to do a few things, and we will load the van" What else to say about my lovely other than she IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, try to shorten it up here.. Got on the trian, wound up in the Moose for bout 2pm on the Thurs, and well you saw the report, the rest is there

Then out on Thurs, meet up with Roxy, her best friend Wanda and her fiance Bear (We call him that cause he kinda reminds me of Hoss )

Well we crash in Cochrane on the Thurs (Train got in bout 10pm) Well on the way home the girls had a plan to spend a night somewhere in a resort or cabin type thing

Well on route we stopped for chow in Kirkland Lake, we happened upon the place called GIM'S

Well if anyone ever want's to eat in the KL area, holy ol shyte don't look any further than this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food was AMAZING, and the service was just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back there for sure!!!!

Well we ended up thinkin it was a one night thing, but the girls behind our backs got us all 2 nights at Temagami Shores resort!!! What a stellar place, food, and staff, almost felt like Kesagami all over, except the fishinYa we went out on Sat in the snow rain and sleet only to get soaked, and SKUNKED

Then today made our 4hr desent to the O-Town and arrived in fine fasion, tired, but well all round.

In closing, I cannot say what a FANTASTIC lad Bunk is, and aswell as his lovely new bride Brenda, and of course his 2 angels Summer and Leah. Thank you guys so much for havin me, and I can't begin to say how great you guy's are!!!!

And for Brother Bunk, buddy you sure made me a believer on the Johnson's bro, wicked spoon!!!! Your food was the best ever, can't beleive we ate like king's in the bush, man you know what to pack to ensure a wicked feast!!!

This is our 5th trip we have taken for chasin the fishies, and if anyone ever has the opp to fish with Bunkster, you'll kick yourself till the end of day's for passin it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much bro, for makin this a trip I will NEVER forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F.F

. o 0 ( I wonder if he one handed pecked out the whole thing while drinking a beer and having a smoke with the other hand...) :P