Quinte this weekend

Badger Shark

If I was fishin the Reach on Saturday, based on the wind predictions of a strong west wind, I wouldn't be launchin from the Glenora Ferry! The run from the cemment plant to the ferry would make three footers and make re-loading your boat an adventure for sure!

HH

Looks like it is going to be a rough one on Saturday. They have increased the wind forecast. Not sure if the reach will be fishable. We will be going out still but if it is to rough we will be in more sheltered areas. Should be an adventure, at least it isnt going to be freezing.

Be careful out there.

Don

The link HH put up is worth keeping an eye on.

This is for the St Lawerence end of the lake.

SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. CHANCE

OF SHOWERS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET BUILDING TO 5 TO 7 FEET. :o

.SATURDAY NIGHT...WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST.

CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. WAVES 5 TO 8 FEET SUBSIDING TO

3 TO 5 FEET.

.SUNDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH. WAVES

2 TO 4 FEET.

i just got back from quinte i was there from tuesday till yesterday, fishing was tough we managed 5 eyes all between 5-7 lbs And quite a few large drum. we tryed shermans and thompsons pts along with the cement plant,bat cave,lighthouse and the upper gap ..theres hardly any baitfish to be seen on the sonar, should start heating up soon

good luck

Well my bud was talking to to his bud via-cell phone from down at quinte,and its not real pretty....very high winds,big waves farther down,the adoulphuos,reach...they havnt caught any fish,and its not getting any better and that was at 2:30pm this afternoon...i have been on all the updated weather sites,and all are saying the same its WINDY,BIG TIME....i am ready to go,and even sunday its still going to be 15-25k winds from the SSW switching to W unless you have a big boat its gonna be a nasty ride for sure,there has been some fish caught by a few charter boats but they are far & few between,and there is no pattern about them,some fish have been caught at 40ft down,and some have been 10ft down...so they are scattered to say the least,and not much biat to see...so im prob staying home...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wallbash:

good to hear the big one's are slowly coming in be up for a week starting November 3 at Merland with my buddy Kim and two of my city co- worker. four city worker in two boats should be a fun week. lol. happy fishing, see you on the water, walleyedreamer.

That will maqke a great report WalleyeD, can't wait to see it :thumbsup_anim:

Just got back and yes Saturday was rough but it was also sucessful. We got 9 hook-ups and 7 in the boat, the biggest one of the day happened to be caught by me and it was 9.6lbs. There were some very large schools, you just have to look for them, we were lucky to have a really good guide to put us on fish. Thanks again Eye-Tracker.

Today we headed back out and it was almost a repeat of yesterday with the winds but not quite as gusty and they eventually died down, yesterday we had gusts over 70km per hour and sustained over 50. We managed two over 10 this time with one being 12.2 and the other 11.3lbs

Cant wait till Sunday as I am going back every Sunday until I can no longer get out. I LOVE THOSE HOGS ! The Bay of Pigs indeed. :clapping:

As soon as I get the pics loaded I will post them.

Don