Garbage And Icefishing

FinS

To those who dont know

When ice fishing it is important to pick up your garbage laying around outside around the shack

either it is a pop can bottle beer or whatever else but mostly ashes from your woodstove to those who have em ive seen plenty of people dump there ashes right on the ice and leave it be the same for poop

just a reminder for people who do this and dont know i will make it simple for you and save you hundreds of dollars the mnr look into these kind of things also that could ruin your day of fishing it is called pollution of the lake i just thought i would leave a heads up

and keep our lakes clean for decades to come

FinS

well said guys ,and one more to add,discarded fishing line :dunno::angry: can and does kill wildlife,including birds,fish and turtles :dunno: about 10yrs ago we seen a dead floating loon all wraped up in a big ball of about 20lb fishing line[mono] it was a sad sight ,so remember about when you discard line to put it in your pocket,for those of us with boats it can alot of damage as well.......cheers

I have never been ice fishing and dont pretend to know much about it.I can understand not dumping trash and poop on the ice,that is a given.I wouldn't think that ashes from a woodstove would be an issue,its pretty biodagradable and a lirrle rough to carry to shore and dump.Is it really a big problem?Not strirring up poop here..just wondering.

Joe

Whether hardwater or soft .... If you brought it with you ... take it back home and dispose of it properly. Nothin worse than having a beautiful spot marred by someone who just doesn't care. I'm sure those folks let their trash lying around their own front yards as well.

Good reminder to us all.