Adventure At Lady Evelyn...Nope

bowshep

RE: Lady Evelyn Lake Adventure

Oh lm on vacation Yah!!!! oh gotta to go to work in the morning for a presentation. Leaving at 3:00a.m. NO...

Left a 1:00 p.m. got there at 7:00p.m. and it was.... raining.

Found a lodge at Mowatt's Landing and met the owner Trevor..who gave us an excellent deal on a lodge for the night....it was raining.

Just happened to be Trevor's (39th) Birthday and he had noone to party with. Sooo....for a birthday present for someone I never knew I ripped through my whole week's supply of Scotch!!! (Thank God I brought an emergency stash)..18yr dalwinnie had a great bombfire buring.... that cabin was good.

Got to bed around 11:00, up early at 6:00 had amazing blueberry pancakes.... raining. Packed the gear to get ready to go...raining...put on another pot of coffee and waited.

Rained stopped. Loaded up the canoe...spirits high. Put the canoe in the water stuck the paddle in gave it a push...raining. We'er already wet now...let's go. Paddled up the North Montreal River, stopped, had lunch, paddled up the river again...found a camp for the first night...raining.

Next day..stopped raining...yaaayyyy...talking about heading up the river more...raining. Set up tarp city, we are not going anywhere. Ate gourmet the whole entire time there....no fish. But we had crab and smoked oysters.

Got some fishing in, caught 3...micro monster pike. Well I caught something :(

Saturday afternoon, clouds moved away and the sun came out....for about an hour, then it was dark..temps starting dropping and because of the rain, we were pretty much damp (cold). Had rain gear, had everything we needed..still cold. Just before bed, looked up in the sky and saw a billion starrrrrrrssss!!! WOW.

We are nothing n this planet, we just take up space and wreck the world.

Woke up in the moring...good layer of frost on the tent, had to start thinking of heading back. But went fishing....I want bigger fish....Nope didn't happen.

Went back, broke camp, loaded the canoe and kayak, and headed back to Mowat's Landing. Boy we really got far that first day....our paddling in the rain took us no-where near where we wanted to go. Took us an hour and 45 minutes to paddle to where we first started off. Wind at our back and going downstream was a breeezzzzeeee. Nancy appreciated it. Went into town for a pizza came back spent one night at Mowat's Landing, had a few pops with Trev and left for Toronto the next day.

None of this was planned. From starting off as a two man team, went to a four man team, went to a 3 man team, went to a two man team (never kick Nancy off a trip :wallbash: )... we're now a three man team.

Was going to Lady Evelyn but went up the Montreal River instead. Suppose to be camping the first night, ended up stayin at the cabin, suppose to get a good distance on the first day, got nowhere, got nowhere the second day...damn I'm old, out of shape..damn.

Nancy was a great trooper in a very controversial environment. She had dome many things and I was very proud of her and on the really cold night she stuck to me like glue. It was tuff on her, she did grin and bear it, probably will never do it again....I think I'll get a motor boat.

A plan is a plan and if you have to stick to your plans, no matter what, you are just causing too much stress in your life...go with the flow. Peace Ken

PS...Nancy typed this for me, I am a lazy bum...she'll post the pics...I am an idiot.

(I so want so much to put something here, but he is at my back...the hulk could be back...that's okay though I have learnt how not to bite the tongue, nor hit below the belt anymore...I really really have...and I can't wait to respond to this in the privacy of my own home within the next few days...)

Edited by bowshep

PS...Nancy typed this for me, I am a lazy bum...she'll post the pics...I am an idiot.

(I so want so much to put something here, but he is at my back...the hulk could be back...that's okay though I have learnt how not to bite the tongue, nor hit below the belt anymore...I really really have...and I can't wait to respond to this in the privacy of my own home within the next few days...)

I'm starting to look forward to your reports. There is always an unusual turn of a phrase or two of interest...and then there are those nuggets that one has to patiently wait for but when found make the wait well worth it.

I can picture chrome typing with bowsheep pacing behind her and the subtle interplay between scribe and sage. An age old battle once again relived in modern times.

Edited by scuro

Fish or no fish, your trips, adventures and tales are always enjoyed... You are a man of great patience and Nancy... well she is just amazing... How the heck did you find her Ken???

Sounds like an amazing trip...

Cheers

Jen

All of what Ken described...is true. I couldn't resist the campfire offer from our host Trevor...the bigger the fire the better. (they made me sit down to enjoy it which in looking back was a great idea seeing as I mistakenly took more than a couple of gulps from Ken's cup thinking it was mine...scotch ain't that bad. :) (and here he thought Trevor was the culprit) I have to admit that I was not myself that night...hence the new nickname given to me...LULU

On the way up, pressure was on to finish reading two books. One on bears and the other I had no time to finish...

Ken was happy I saved him some...

This is what happens when you put things off...I have to do this in two parts as I have yet to educate myself from previous threads regarding posting pics...

So part two is next...

At times I was a little irritated by these men but I did have a little deterrent for them...right Dear!

That one cold night and cold morning kept me inside my sleeping bag while Ken enjoyed this...

Over all...it was a new experience...I did enjoy the canoeing although I did offend Ken when I told him on the way back that I was positive that he was just steering while I did all the work. But take a look for yourselves...

Just too happy and only using one finger....whatever. ;)

Ken is that the dainty paddle hold why you attempt the J stroke.Why is the canoe crooked Nancy you been movin the butt cheeks again :P

I know you had to turn around to take the pic.

nice dill pickle Pike Ken :whistling:

Man you guys are brave to be sleeping in a tent this time of year.

Can't wait to see the new boat.

Thanks for the laughs.MTP :thumbsup_anim:

hahahahaha l have been set up by Nancy she asked me to do that. l had to paddle twice on myside and once on her's or we would have gone in a Zig Zag pattren up the river. Hey l can defend myself all l want but you all love Nancy anyhow. l told Nancy that not many people would post on my story because of the jinks l have and she laughed at me. Well Mike the Pike and Scuro thanks for being brave lol No worrie's. Lilly Dipper lol. It was an amazing time and that pic with Nancy with the axe sums it up when she is ticked at you. But from some of her posts you have all known that. Nancy found me and lm not letting her go. No mater how many of ya's PM her. lm in her life. But then again she has had alot of great conversations with some members on OFC, to stop me from haveing to go nuts l dont ask what they talk about just who. Jen l didnt include you because you know me. sorry

lol Peace Ken