Walleye & Musky fishin report

fishindevil

Well myself and another member ecmilley,hit sturgeon lake yesterday for some walleye & musky action well after that big storm roller through there saturday night ,and with a cold front well we figured it would be a tough fish....and we were right the walleyes were hitting short and you had to be dead slow,so after trying several area shoals and deep weedlines i ended up with 5 walleyes,all small fish around 1lb...and 2 lost muskies ... :dunno::blink: one straightend the trebble hook on my crankbait just 10 feet from the boat and the otherone i didnt get to see,ernie also lost nice 35-40inch musky ri9ght at the net,with one hook of the worm harness getting caught in the mesh of the net,and going crazy,snapped the line,so all in all we did pretty well considering the weather that went through the night before....sorry no pics of the walleyes as they all were released and they were small anyway...and well for the muskies well we never got them on board so.....better luck next time...i think now im done with the kawarthas and i will be doing a few trips to quinte,cant wait...oh ya and we were using a bit of everything for those fish we caught with the crankbaits & worm harnesses working the best....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Sounded like tough conditions all right! At least you managed to boat some fish...and those muskies REALLY sounded like they didn't want to come aboard you boat! Done with the Kawarthas and onto Quinte? That's where you really shine Shawn!! Go get 'em this year!

it was a tough go, with all those toothy critters around as well as the cold front that came through Saturday night, but they did start biting again Monday afternoon, but all fish i got monday came jigging, and once i found them(about 20 yards from my dock) they stayed pretty active untill i unintentionally went swimming