FOOTBALL FALL SIMCOE SMALLIES

Minnow

Headed out on Simcoe on Saturday to try my luck for smallies on Simcoe, first time out on the lake this year and my goal for the day was not to get skunked!

I hit a couple rock piles and points in about 10-20 ft of water and only managed to pull out a 1 lb smallies throwing a lucky craft pointer. So I then decided to go deep! I usually don't fish 30 ft of water for smallies but marked a couple of fish on the screen and decided to give it a go! I ended up landing 5 fish within an hour of fishing! I was using an assortment of tubes. I continued to fish the area for about another 2 hours and ended up landing about 15 fish in the boat. Most of the fish were between 1-2 lbs but I had hooked into 3 footballs as well. These 3 footballs were over 4 lbs and one was coming close to 5 lbs but could only get a picture of the first 4 lber because my friends camera battery died! I have never seen such fat fish! All of the fish were smashing tubes that I was either dragging or popping in 25-30 FOW. I am definately going to give simcoe another go and will have the battery fully charged! Overall great day on the water and almost no wind so didn't have to battle the waves!

Here is the average size of the fish that were caught

Smallie2lbs.jpg

Here is the average size of the 3 Hogs that I caught

Smallie4lbs.jpg