Berkley Gulp

bassmaster4

I used them at Pigeon Lake last weekend and they caught me almost as many fish as live worms - which is the best results I've ever had from any soft plastics. Fish that took them were big rock bass, bluegill and Pumpkinseed. I was fishing them under a float - the fish usually took it on the drop or soon after. My guess is they should also be fished on jigs. I was told that they are good for walleye too. They're pretty realistic.

just snapped some up last week and dipped em' out on Erie this past weekend. They caught a few fish, and they are indeed pretty convincing looking. Alot better looking than the Powerbait leech. They seem just as consumable as a live leech though.......not as durable as a soft plastic.......so why not just use live leeches. I guess i can answer that, gulp leeches cant die lol and the bait shop here on Lake erie is now out of live leeches for the rest of teh season. The gulp baits do pretty well in general out on Erie for smallouth, especially the Gulp Goby. But again, they went quick , especially at over 5 bucks for a bag of 8. This was mostly due to the smallies thrashing when they reach the surface and there goes another 60 cents flying off your line.......GULP! :blink:

The gulp leeches do work very well for bass, I like to drop shot them in the weed pockets for largies as well. They're fantastic just rigged with a small worm hook, but they can get damaged after just one or two fish. Gotta let you all in on a little secret though. The 4 inch gulp minnows are unbelievable!! They were just deadly rigged on a 1/4 oz jighead, with a stinger treble and dropped down on the deep side of the humps in various areas of our lake this summer. The smallies hit them like no tomorrow. One evening, my 7 year old son caught 3 nice 2+ lb. fish on 3 consecutive casts. I just sat back and watched him as the fish took the bait and wham, set the hook home. We turned one into a double header. Also tried June Bug with excellent results....

I picked up a pack of the 3" leeches by Berkley Gulp! lol They look pretty good and for 7.99 i said why not, has anyone tried them? What are your thoughts on them? How did u fish them?

Whew! Just opened my first pack. They are foul. Sure hope they smell better to the bass than they do to me. Now I'm going to wash my hands. Yuck.

JF

oh indeed, they have a very peculiar STANK to them lol Ya dont wanna be eatin finger foods out on the water after playin with gulp all day lol

Imagine how the bass feel once they get that vile stuff in their mouths. It's not like they can just go and brush their teeth to get rid of it. I have visions of some poor little unhooked bass scootin' for the nearest gravel to gargle with sand.

JF