early morning fish

fatherof3

Snuck down to the river this morning while everyone was still asleep.After only catching a few bass all week my hopes were not high.Here are some pics of what was waiting for me.

100_0546.jpg

100_0547.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0549.jpg

100_0550.jpg

After 2 hours of sitting and waiting I was ready to head home and have breakfast.I said to myself just one more cast.I cast as far out as I could to a new spot and within 30 seconds my line takes off.After a week long drought I finally have a carp on again.This fish went straight through both pools,out into the fast moving water and tried to get around the island in the middle of the river.Seeing this I put the brakes on him and held him.With him wanting to run combined with the fast moving water it felt like trying to reel in freight train.I finally coax him back to the hole in front of me and finally get a glimpse of him.Here is a pic I took while still fighting him,glad I did.

100_0551.jpg

As I reached down to grab him he makes one last run and hear my line snap.He sat in the shallows right in front of me for a bit then took off,so no more pics.Time to get a net to avoid losing them at the shore.It has been a really slow week so just getting to fight something again was good.