Doh! Elusive tackle...

tonyb

I have the worst luck when looking to buy specific products in tackle shops.

I have been to 3 different local tackle shops over the past 2 days and even a Canadian Tire looking for a quality landing net for Walleye/Pike/Bass...

My criteria was a quality rubber coated, knotless mesh landing net with a 36-48" handle. Do you think I could find one?! NOPE

Do that many people buy the crumby blue/green nylon mesh nets with flimsy handles?

Might have to stop at Basspro on the way up north, but they don't open until 9am :wallbash:

Oh yeah almost forgot, nobody seems to carry the Mepps Musky Marabou bucktail spinner in Orange/Black either!?

I should have known I'd be let down again by the local tackle stores. However, it's hard to pre-order stuff that is big and bulky online like a net, and you always need last minute stuff after organizing for a fishing trip.

Frustrated...

Tony

I should have known I'd be let down again by the local tackle stores. However, it's hard to pre-order stuff that is big and bulky online like a net, and you always need last minute stuff after organizing for a fishing trip.

TonyB, I don't see the problem here :unsure:

One of your three local shops should be able to special order one in for ya no? If there is anything I ever need I can usually get it no problem at all from a few shops I frequent around here. Doesn't take that long either unless your getting a specialty item it might take a bit longer.

Edited by tip-up

Tip-up,

I can order the net online and save money too, but I didn't plan ahead, and I need it this weekend. Just too bad out of 3 tackle stores including Burns that none of them had anything decent in terms of a landing net.

None of them carried the Mepps Musky Marabou Bucktail either, which I thought was a pretty popular musky lure...

Burns had some GrimReaper bucktails in the right colour (Black/Orange), but with Willow blades. I prefer the Colorado blades for 'bulging' bucktails and just for there flash/vibration properties in general.

I understand the problems of cashflow and stocking everything for everybody, but these 2 items are pretty basic...And every time I go to a tackle store for something in particular they are just out, or don't carry it, it's becoming a trend. The last time was Size 1 and 2 ball bearing swivels. Time before that was #6 Panther Martin spinner (silver blade/yellow body) and Size 8 single hooks. Another time they had no mono line in 6lb test, NONE!...just sad.

Tony

Lebarons should at least have the net you're looking for. I picked up a tangle-free net, 48" extendable handle there for only $34. Better yet, you should go to Grimsby Tackle, they typically have a good selection of quality nets and has a decent selection of musky baits too. Give em a call: PHONE: 905-945-0399

Yup Tony I know how you feel it seems alot of items are all stocked out this time of year.I lost my rubber net this summer when I flipped my 12 ft tinny.I had a rubber net from Lucky strike which was deep for netting a fish .There are 2 models the R-25 which you can find at almost all outdoor stores right now is a shallow net.Then there is the R-26 which is the model I had with the 48 inch handle and is much deeper.I can net Quinte hogs with this net no problem.I can't find the R-26 anywhere.Most of the outdoor stores focus on hunting this time of year.

:wallbash: MTP