Muskie on Balsam

balsamj

Here is a picture of a mauskie I caught a few weeks ago...hope you enjoy. Caught on ulta light tackle with perch pattern shad rap. The real reson for this post is to get some help in finding a spot to fish salmon from shore. I live in the beaches and want to know if there is anywhere close by. Much appreciated.

balsamj

IMG_0073_1_1.JPG

can't help you on the salmon but nice looking musky! Looks like something took a chunk out of its tail at some point in its past. One helpful recommendation though: Take the hooks out before posing for the photo - if that fish thrashes around you've got trebles coming at you with a lot of speed, and if the unhooking job takes longer than expected, you can always opt to not take a photo to get the fish back in the water as soon as possible. Either way, nice fish and good luck with the salmon

Johnny Bass & Rizzo,

Fish was landed boatside and tried to take the hooks out with no plyers. proved too dificult so cut the line at swivel and held her for a quick poto and put her back in the water...took off with a splash and was doing just fine. As far as I know its better to let her go with a little shad rap that will rust off in 3 days than to screw around with the hooks for 20 minutes. I think I did the right thing...and i've got plenty of shad raps! Thanks for the pointers though.