nine eleven

Roy

i am 33 and 9-11 is easily the most tragic day in history of my life, i was teaching a class of 9th graders when we first heard the news, it was hard to try and explain to them what was exactly going on, i am proud to say that one of those students in that very class is now in the marines and is headed to iraq in about 3 weeks, i had a chance to talk to him this past weekend, and we recalled some of the things that happened that day. i thanked him in advance for what he is about to do, and i am very proud of the man he has become. please dont ever forget all that have gave their lives to defend the freedoms that we have, and also please thank all that have served to help keep it that way.

jason

Yea I remember clearly as I was standing on top of a truck camming it up when one of the guys announced it. It was only the next day when it became clear to what happened when the Commanding Officer announced on Role call to 500 plus troops what had happened. Even that early he announced that one of our closest allies and friends had been attacked and we would be fighting a war and an Enemy that would be Brutal and unconventional. It wasn't long afterwards that General Hilliar revamped the forces to fight the way we fight now as a total force concept. So far hes done a great job that should make everybody proud. We have such a small force but do so much that we have always been the envy of all our allies. I know first hand with my experience in Iraq/Kuwait, Croatia, Bosnia, and Macedonia and our cross training with the Americans and Brits. Buy them a coffee and support them

Thanks

"Another day just like any other,

out of the blue it turned to horror,

how could they?

why would they?

The Innocent suffered hell's inferno,

A senseless act that goes unforgotton,

how could they?

They will pay....

When the eagle cries

blood will flow,

for freedom's fight,

we love her so,

we will sacrifice...

Out of the ashes came a tempting vengence

But we are focused, we seek redemption,

We are free,

We'll stay free..

All they've done is make us stronger,

the sleeping giant is asleep no longer,

If need be,

We'll die free

When the eagle cries..."

*Orignally written by Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth

Great topic Roy . I live 10 miles from ground 0 I wasn't here in 2001 but I have met many people who where on site and lost family there. While the site is being rebuilt the damaged and loss still effects famiiies here.

The thing to remeber is love your family and be kind to one another .

Thanks again Roy

Edited by ALEX