And That's When the Bear Came....

brandon

Well today was my lucky day. I headed up to Mt. Seymour yet again and was about 500-600 meters up the trail and I decided to stop and take a drink and just happened to look back down the trail....about 60 meters....and saw what I at first thought was some guy in black fleece crawling through the bushes lol....i swear i was only drinking gatorade. But i soon realized it wasn't a guy at all, but a 200lbish black bear. I quickly busted out my brand new tri pod, put my 70-300mm lens on and ran back down the trail. At this time the bear was off in the bush a bit but I still got a few decent photos of it. The one has some branches in the way but it still turned out alright. The bear then moved into this berry patch and i followed about 30 meters behind and set up on this big rock. It started huffin and puffin (if you've heard it you know what i mean) and I knew it was time to back off and continue my hike. The entire rest of the hike this yellow helicopter kept flying from the first pump peak to some other place a bunch of times. I figured somebody got lost or fell or something but some hikers on their way back down told me an older man passed away due to a heart attack at the first pump peak. RIP. Apparently the chopper was flying people from the peak to the parking lot or something. I continued to the First Pump Peak anyways just to see how the view looked today and took a few panoramic photos. Then all of a sudden I heard the chopper coming again and snapped a few really cool pics of it. Sorry it's another fishless report but it's all I got right now lol.......enjoy

008resize-1.jpg

026resize.jpg

078resize.jpg

081resize.jpg

093resize.jpg

Those are some true amzing shots. My fav is the one with the mountains in the backgrouund and the helicopter in front. I've lived in the city all my life and never seen such awesome beauty.

Great report even if its not about fishing.

Thanks for postin it.

dsn

I was about 15 yards away for that first picture which is closer than i recommend being unless you know the signs to look for when the bear has had enough. When it did start to get agressive it was about 40 yards away so I had plenty of room to back away.