POWERFUL Kawartha winds

lew

My daughter is up at my trailer near Peterboro this week and just called to tell me about a huge storm moving thru the area.

She says there's heavy rain, golfball sized hail and powerful winds, infact the wind is so strong it just toppled a huge tree in the trailer park and crushed a cottage.

Sure hope none of our members are on the water right now !!

Did it get rid of one of the older cottages needing to go anyways?

Yup, it took out the middle cottage right across from me Mike, plus another l arge pinetree came down and hit a trailer, but she can't tell how much damage was done to it as the tree is still against it.

Keep an eye on the sky though Mike, incase it turns your way.

I had to hunker down on an "island" at Head Lake a couple of weeks back when the wind turned from bad to severe. Things can change in a hurry out there. Got pelted as I crouched on a piece of rock. Definitely learned a lesson that day. Hope everyone is ok at your trailers/cottages.

Picked up my van after having it serviced in P'boro and drove right into the storm on the way home.Just North of Gannons Narrows the van hydroplaned on me[only doing 60/65 k's] the road was completly coverd with water like a river coming down the hill. Noticed many small Pine and Cedar trees leaning on the Hydro wires. When I got home, I tried to phone Hydro 1, they dont have human beings there, only voice mail. S o o o ! called the Police, they said; "Thanks for the call,but we're not surprised"

One Hell of a storm !!!!!!