My Boq Fishing Report Btw Its Crap & No Pics

Hooked

Well I worried that the weather I was going to have to endure would be the factor whether how much fishing I would be doing when I went up to quinte this past Saturday. This cold coming in, wind.....well, the weather was alright actually. I was scheduled to stay there till Wednesday, but left Tuesday. Reason for leaving was that the bay was like mud soup. Was like that from Deseronto to Picton to Belleville. I never thought the weather from Friday's storm was going to be the main factor on the fishing. It just never cleared while we were there, visibility was like 3 inches! Unreal!! Each day that passed I would check the water and still mud. I just can't believe the entire bay turned like that, I didn't think it was possible, but apparently so.

We did manage to catch 2 fish, 1 around 3lbs and the other around 12lbs, both trolling wally divers. My dad caught it, but he's alittle camera shy. Btw, I didn't even get a bite!!!!! We didn't fish that much at all really. I figure we only spent 5 hours over 3 days.

Now Monday evening was a visually amazing, bay was glass, was cold, but with no wind, almost a full moon, its was a visibly pleasing night other than the muddy water. Thats too bad really, I think we coulda slayed them that night, but its hard to catch fish when they can't see your lure.

Funny thing on Monday night, I went outside the trailer around 11:00pm, then again at around 11:45, I couldn't believe all the snow that came down in that time. I was completely unaware it was even snowing during my little break from a break. Woke up Tuesday morning to more snow and about 20' of shore ice. Oh well, I was spent anyways. It was just too frustrating to plan a trip like this and get screwed by a storm that happened before I even got there. Once again, oh well.

There are alot of fish in, marked tons and heard several excellent reports prior to Fridays storm. When the mud clears, and no ice on the bay, very good chances of getting into big numbers. So if there are any die hards here, good luck.

Well that's a shame about the muddy water. You would have at least thought they'd bite by the light of the moon alone :dunno:

Well, we went when it was fairly clear and I didn't catch a darned thing either so, what are ya gonna do. At least you got away.

Joey

Hooked, no report is ever "crap". People learn things from others who've dared to try something. You told us what the fish DID bite on, told us the water conditions on the bay etc... That is a report. People ask for that kind of info all the time. You also had a few great days with Dad. Your info is every bit as important to others as a 30 fish evening report.

Thanks for posting.

I completely agree with Roy! I know that I learned a lot from reports just like yours. Knowing when and why you didn't catch much helps new guys like me decide when to go out and how to change our strategy based on conditions. Thanks for taking the time to write it...it's much appreciated.