Aug 26 Outting

wuchikubo

Hi All,

Finally got to go out fishing with a few of friends on Sunday.

Now, my friend Peter got hooked on fishing about 3 years ago, or so he says. He had mentioned that he had yet to have caught his first walleye/pickeral. So this was the most opportune time to have one fish marked off on his "to catch" list.

The day started off waking up at 3:10 am (too antsy to stay asleep). Started quietly packing some food, a cooler, a fishing rod (although I was told I didn't need to bring one), and some drinking water. All the while hoping not to wake up my wife and kids.

Printed off the planned route and a contact number.

Got out the house at about 5 am to get gas and pick the first friend (CK) and then headed to meet up with Peter at 5:30am.

After a short drive and reaching Fenelon Falls at 7:10 am and meeting up with Greg Klatt at 7:30 am, we then proceeded to the target lake. The day started off cloudy and a bit windy, as a cold front was passing through.

Shortly after the quick boat run to the spot and following the excellent advice of our guide Greg, Peter hooks into his first walleye!

gallery_196_33_57456.jpg

Peter makes it 3 - 0 before anyone else hooks a walleye.

There were a number of fishing boats out there around us and the fishing seemed to slow down around 11 am.

After drifting a few areas and then changing locations a few times, we had gotten on to a number of fish. Many were released and some of the smaller better eating sizes were kept for the table.

gallery_196_33_15870.jpg

All in all, my guess is that we had boated over 20 fish (walleye, bass, and rock bass) and had a fantastic day out with Greg who definitely was putting on a clinic on how to get the walleye to bite.

Nothing to add to the tourney but it was a great day out with friends.

Stan

... You certainly picked the right guy to put your friend onto his first walleye.

I'd definitely agree, it's not been my first time out with Greg and that's why we chose him to get onto some fish. He's a class act like many others on this board.

The only other guide from this board I've gone with is Marc Thorpe, another classy individual with loads of knowledge to pick up from.

Stan