Heading out to the Bog Sunday

Toronto_Angler

Looks to be nice weather Sunday so me and my buddy will be heading to Port Perry Marina to rent a boat. I'll be fishing for Walleyes and Ski's and he'll be going for bass. This ought to be interesting :) Hope to get some pics this time. Anyone have any advice for fishing near the marina?

After that I'm heading with the Fiancee to Elmhirst next weekend for some Rice Lake Bassing. Should be a fun couple of weeks.

That side of lake from what I am told is not nearly as good fishing as on the other side. Although I have hear of people catching musky down byt he causeway. I know people fish right off the public Launch dock at night for pickeral and I have seen them catch many so the pic's are there to be had. Not too sure where they venture to during the daylight hours though. Try using minnows for the eye's, buzz baits for the musky and no matter what you choose make sure its weedless.

Did I mention get weedless? If not I should tell you to plan on fishing stuff that is weedless. If itsn't not weedless your not going to be fishing for long before you give up and go for an icecream. So the moral is to fish with something that is weedless.

Weedless.

Not sure about boats on the other side but its 9 miles to the top of the lake, so not sure how long that would take in a tin can, in mine its about 10 or 15 minutes to the top then you can fish down the lake on the other side from there. Maybe 30 minutes in a 20 hp 14 foot tin can. I don't think I would wanna go all that way in a 9.9 though.

You will probably drive over a whole bunch of fish on your way though. :)

Weedless

The weedline goes from the south shore to the north shore and from the west shore to the eastshore. You can pretty much just start driving in an aimless direction for an undertermined length of time stop and fish the weedline. You may occaisonally encounter an area of no weeds. but it will be small the size of a hula hoop. :)

What there are weeds in Scugog?

Judging by the weights in the most recent Tourneys the Bass are lovin the weeds.

Make sure you bring your heavy action rod and reel loaded with heavy line,some Jig and pig combo`s and some HEAVY weights to punch through the weeds cause that where the big ones are, a little medium action spinning with 8 Lb. test won`t cut it if your fishing right.

And the water is down 1 1/2 -2 feet at the last tournament some of the pro`s were using push poles to get to spots and catching fish in 6" of water,my PB largie came from 6" of water.

I'm heading out there later tonight, any hints on walleye? If i can get the boat started i'll be launching from Caesarea. Otherwise it's the gov dock or over by the highway. So far I've gathered pink and weedless, any other tips? Thanks.

Sorry about the hijack, but for whatever reason I can't seem to start a new topic... I just freezes and then crashes. :(