Need Rod holders on the Yakak! report w Pics

Crazyhook

Had a week off in Haliburton, did alot of family things but did find time to hit the water. Fished Drag lake and had some good success on the smallmouth, mostly right before dark. Small orange rapala was the hot bait of the week. Brought my wifes couson out and she hooked a huge laker in 100 feet of water down 30... she tried to impress me by showing she watches fishing shows and gave the fish a Bill Dance hook set and Snap, the line broke.. ( 10 pound mono)...

Tuesday hit a small lake about 20 minutes from Haliburton, out in the kayak solo... mostly fly fished. Had a huge 48" or so ski to the boat and realised that standing up figure 8ing with a 10 weight would most likely send me over the side. I tried to sit down and then spooked the fish... no love

Wedsnesday fished 2 kawartha lakes with a friend of mine from London... caught 8 smallmouth and had 2 follows from the toothy variety...

Friday hit Kash with my wife, we took the yak down for a fish...I casted a 10" spinnerbait behind the baot and we started paddling. 30 seconds later Bam, I hear myline start to come out and then see my rod shoot into the air. DOH! we watch the rod ove across the top of the water. 6500 and my favorite Loomis start sinking quickly . My wife says you better jump in and get it. I jump in and come face to face with a 36 or so " musky ( felt like a 7 footer in the water) . it had a spinner blade in one side of his mouth and it was still pulling my combo. I go up for more air and back down, the fish goes down and finally i get my rod back after the fish dropped the bait ( 40 feet from where I went in)...

got some pics nothing crazy, more about time on the water and the ones that got away... i know where they are next time and will be equiped with rod holders

Edited by Crazyhook