Emily or Balsam Lake provincial park?

kennyman

Guest Johnny Bass

I'm not too sure but I would say that Emily has more pan fish for the kids and gets less rougher than Balsam if you are in a rental or small boat. Both parks are great and both lakes have great fishing.

Nice muskies pidgeontroller! As far as looking for a BIG muskie a medium one would be fine for me LOL. Obviously from your "handle" you fish (or should I specify troll) Pidgeon Lake. I may have to talk to you for advice there. You see, my dad lives up by Ottawa (Franktown to be exact) and wants me to go muskie fishing at Arnprior, but I'm trying to get him to meet me half way and go to Pidgeon. If that happens I'll be asking for help. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks as always for all your help everyone. Just made a reservation for Emily PP. I had a hard time deciding between Balsam and Emily, but I'm bringing the kids and I'm sure they'll love catching tons of panfish. I only have a twelve foot tinny for now or a canoe so that was part of the decision as well. I still have a chance of catching one of those elusive toothy critters as well. Every cast will be filled with hope LOL. I will definetely be pumped if I catch one. Any fishing tips would be greatly appreciated.

The best bet for fishing in that area is spinnerbaits. There are lots of smaller muskies in all the spots you would expect largemouth bass to be. Directly accross from the beach there are some small bays that should produce. On the left side after you go under the bridge is also a good spot. Just outside the swimming area at Triple "T" cedars cottages is also good. Around the floating sign at Fee's Landing is good. And if you go farther north just before it opens into Pigeon lake, look for the cottage in the backround of this picture. There is a stretch of about 100 yds that is deeper and should produce a musky for you.

028160.jpg

Good luck.

I was just going to post the question of how fishing has been around Emily lately. Was up there last weekend and although only got out for a few hours....I got skunked. I used wacky worm, texas rigged and some tube jigs (but they were constantly getting fouled on the weeds). I just tried in and around the park and down the river a bit towards Omeemee way. Tried around the bridge area, but there is way too much boat traffic there. I tried a bit in that left hand bay just past the bridge at dusk with no luck either..tossed Black Mambas and texas rigged natural Gulp crawlers, for that was the only thing I thought of that would not get all fouled in the heavy weeds.

Don't ask me why I never tied on a spinnerbait...lol....maybe thats the problem with having a ton of tackle..it boggles you and then you don't know what to use! :rolleyes:

Wife and I paddled up a ways towards the Lake and then used the motor when we got tired, but I just have a 3 HP on my 14 foot Sportspal, so after 2 1/2 hours and still not to the lake, we just turned around. I was considering riding up to the lake to fish there, but seeing as it would take half a day to get to the lake from Emily, I may just drive it up to Bobcaygeon to put in.

We are heading back up this weekend again, so hopefully will be able to get a little action. Bringing our 2 year old granddaughter with us with her Dora fishing rod that papa got her...so look forward to some good fun on the docks.

Sorry about the big post...I have never yet been to Balsam PP but can highly recommend Emily, it has all you could ask for good family outing...nice campsites, good fishing and if you forget anything...they rent out just about all you could need to camp.

I found this on a google search and it's recent and relevant. This guy caught lots of small and medium muskie right in front of and close to Emily. What a day. I hope I can match this for the entire time I'm there. Actually I hope my nine year old son hooks into one too. Anyway here's the link. http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/index...75&hl=Emily .