Cabins with boat rentals on a Kawartha Lake

Hi all.

My wife is sick and tired of camping following 4 weekends away under canvas this year, so we are looking to rent a cabin with facilities for a few days in mid-September and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere.

We were thinking of somewhere on one of the lakes in the Kawarthas, preferably with boat rentals. My wife's preference would be somewhere quiet and peaceful. My preference is somewhere where I might catch my first Musky and Walleye! :whistling:

Hope you can help, as I'm sure we need to book soon.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Very good friends of mine recently purchased this place...I was there myself in July, stayed in a cottage, loved it. Check it out - not sure about any vacancy, but you never know. The owners are: Steve and Lisa Dolan. Mention that Nancy Moore referred you - not guaranteeing anything, but do check out their site. "watersedgecottages.ca"

Edited by Chrome Hen

Thanks Nancy - that certainly looks like a good place - I will make some enquiries. We recently drove through Bobcaygeon, had a look at the locks and had lunch - seems like a nice place.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?

Guest Trophymuskie
Thanks Nancy - that certainly looks like a good place - I will make some enquiries. We recently drove through Bobcaygeon, had a look at the locks and had lunch - seems like a nice place.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?

Try Riverside lodge, it's within a short walk downriver from the locks in Bobcageon. They rent boats and you're on Pigeon lake which is your best bet for a muskie and walleye.

BTW mid September has to be the best time for muskie fishing on Pigeon, we've had many 15-20 fish weekends while fishing the Can-Am.

Edited by Trophymuskie

Try Gil Mart resort on Sturgeon Lake, Big Cliff's body of water: http://www3.sympatico.ca/gil-mar/

Good walleye, bass and muskie fishing not very far from the resort location. the resort does have boat rentals, 14 foot aluminum boats with 9.9 hp engines. Cottages are very comfortable and the grounds are very quiet and peaceful, Ron (the owner) tries to keep it a family environment. I will be up there starting the 14th of September for 5 days with a group of muskie fisherman from the Western New York region.

There is a cottage rental with boat rentals on East side of Nogies Creek Bay on Pigeon Lake-I visited friends staying there that really enjoyed the place. Can't recall name, search here or hopefully another member will chime in.

Great location, good muskie fishing and eyes at dusk near island at Nogies. When kids are back to school the camp itself would be quieter-lots of cottages = lots of kids in summer there.

Would be a long trip for a 9.9 rental but Bobcaygeon is great. My wife has had enough fishing after few hours, I drop her to shop at Bobcaygeon and then meet her for late dinner when were on Pigeon-just tie up and walk into town. For fishing Nogies Bay 9.9 is ok but there's lots of great boating on Pigeon if you rent/borrow a larger boat.

PM me for charts if you go.

I beleive the place that Zamboni is reffering to is called Pigeon Lake Resort. Stayed there a number of years ago, very peaceful, family environment as well. Good fishing right out on the weedline in front of the cabins and Nogies Creek and the Island is very accessible...........

Thanks to you all for the suggestions - I will follow up on these and see if any have availability. I may get back in touch with some of you regarding the fishing opportunities.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice Tipupesox and Zamboni - I am now booked into the Pigeon Lake Resort in mid September and have reserved a 14' boat with a 15hp engine. Looking forward to fishing Pigeon and Nogie's Creek/Bay. Hopefully will catch my first Walleye and Musky. Any tips from those of you have fished there would be gratefully received - PM me if you like.

Thanks again for all the suggestions