Panoramic Madness

brandon

It was an absolutly gorgeous day here today so I decided I would hike up to Mystery Lake on Mount Seymour. The Sun was on its way down so lighting was perfect as opposed to many of the other times I've been there. As the topic name suggests I'm hooked on taking panoramic photos now. I just love the fact that you can show so much area with one photo. Next thing I'll need to buy is a wide angle lens....but not just yet. One thing i did buy however was a Circular Polarizer filter after reading a post by DanC a while back. I did some research on the internet and not only do they take the glare off the water, it makes the sky extra blue. All the photos were taken using the new filter and I think you can really notice a difference......especially the pic of the mud puppy. Also check out Mount Baker in the background of a couple of the photos. It's located in Washington and its completely covered in snow. Anyways I hope you enjoy this new batch of photos.....

Panorama9resize.jpg

Panorama10resize.jpg

Panorama11resize.jpg

Panorama12resize.jpg

012resize.jpg

I've been using a polarizer also, but made the mistake of leaving it on while taking pics of our trek. It's to dark in the woods and the pics will be blurred, but love the pics when out in the open.

Here's a pic of Mount Baker from the B.C. ferry

Mount%20Baker%20widescreen.jpg

Edited by Deano

I just used mapquest to find out how far Baker really is and it said about 52miles....Now the photos were taken from a mountain and Baker still dwarfs anything around and its 52 miles away!! man I can`t even imagine how cool pics would be from on top of there. And Dustin no special lens is required....or special camera for that matter......you jsut take a series of overlapping photos and use a program like photoshop or Arcsoft Panoramic Maker.