Concistancy

bowshep

Well the long weekend in Augest Nancy, Her son Tyler and myself went on a condo camping trip at Bona Vista camp grounds Between Armprior and Pembroke. Well on the way up it took for ever the truck got great gas milage (you get that travaling at 30k) but the only thing that kept a smile on my face was this bus.

l got to Nancy's late and they waited for me to eat. l felt bad for them but l felt special that they did.

Next day we headed of to the camp suit set up camp in the shade it was perfect. Did you know that a tent can hit 120 deg. at 7 in the morning l think we needed more shade.

That evening Nancy, Tyler and me went out in the canoe for some fishing l was so pumped seeing the weed beds and looking at all the potential. We hit about 8 different area's fishing the weeds and all the structurs we could see. Nothing absalutly nothing. We started heading back as the sun was going down and this is what l saw. Tyler's back against his mothers and Nancy paddling.

Then the sunset. l don't know what it is about those sunsets but every bit of frustrations and anger just dissapers.

The next day Nancy and l went out again while Tyler slept Boy that kid can sleep for 14 hours at a time. Once again nothing. Nancy's parents dropped by for dinner which l cooked a fine fest. The next day we broke camp and headed home. looked in the Mirror and saw Tyler fast asleep in about ten min. of drive time, ok the kid wore me out too.

The next weekend l was back in Ottawa to fish the Rideau now l know their is fish there. Nancy and l watched Tyler Pitch in baseball and l can tell you l dont want to get beened in the head by his fast ball, 13 yrs old and he can through heat, Tyler struck out the last two players in 8 pitches, he is not my son but l was so proud for him.

oh ya fishin'. So Nancy and l go out in the canoe on the Rideau fishing the weeds and lillys and dogeing boats 3 in 10 slowed down for us which was nice until l relized that we were in a no wake zone. Well to add to my greef Nancy out fished me catching stuff on something that l already tried (BANG) they were not big but they were fish and she cought 3 of them (As Nancy said in an earlyer post "Sometimes you dont want to be smiled at").

well l think lm going to have to look at fishing with different eyes. Peace Ken

ps Wouldn't change a thing

Great report Ken. I love that last picture Nancy - its classic.

Sounds like a nice weekend no matter what happened. Usually its not what you do, but the company you keep that makes a great time :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Being skunked is the worst, double so 2 days in a row. On day two I'd be breaking out the small jigs/micro plastic and/or worms on a jig or bobber if necessary to put dink bass/perch in the boat. Did you resort to live bait?

How did the canoeing go....run into any wind?

The canoeing was great everything was great, used everything. l will have to get ahold of GCD and borrow his C4 fishfinder lol. Even though lm not catching lm still haveing a BLAST and would not change anything in the past.

It is Tomorrow that counts not yesterday. l WILL figure it out. l Love my Life.

Peace Ken

Ps and in the last picture lm starting to think like a fish lol