Simcoe Smallies Report (pics)

fishinfool

Been a long time since I caught anything worth posting.

Went out with a bud on Mon to Simcoe, he said he was going to prove to me that there were 6 lbers and bigger in there.

I have never seen one that big from there but he claims there are a lot of them.

He fishes all the Bass Tourneys so I figured, "what have I got to lose".

Got onto the lake at 6 am from Innisfil (spelling) and the lake was very calm.

I hadn't tried topwater for a long time, so I started throwing a Chug Bug with no results, I then tried everything in my box to get something to hit. It wasn't to be, they were turned off for some reason.

I even tried drop shotting and that was not to be.

Just when we were about to leave the area, I hooked up my favorite white spinnerbait with gold willow blades and bang.

They started to hit and we caught about 6 or 7 each in about an hour and a half.

The biggest was about 5 lbs but I have to admit, there were a lot of very large Smallies in the area we were fishing, I had about 5 follows that looked well over 5 lbs and I lost one right at the boat that my buddy said was over 6.

We went to another spot and tried our luck at Pike, I ended up with two, the first was about 8 or 9 lbs and the second was around 6 or so, I didn't take any pics of the pike because they both self released at boatside.

All in all a great day of fishing and can't wait to get out and do it again.

HPIM0892.JPG

HPIM0893.JPG

HPIM0894.JPG

HPIM0895.JPG

HPIM0901.JPG

HPIM0902.JPG

Great simcoe smallie report !!!!!! :clapping::w00t: well you guys got some nice fish for sure,and too bad about the followers,they can alot of the times be bigger than the one on your hook,as they are smarter & more cautius....thats one sweet bass boat as well,nice pics too...thanks for sharing,man those simcoe pigs are getting bigger all the time,they say a record smallie will come from there before to long,just a matter of time.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Ya caughts some bass,got,s to go fast. Now are ya hooked.LOL

I see an Island in the back ground ;):dunno: Im thinking I know that great spot yous were at. Good on yer friend for taken ya out.

Glad ya had a great time out there,

TFS

BTW

Those followers are big and fat for a reason,they are slower then the smaller ones.LOL

Edited by misfish

Never had better Bassin myself and the boat is just the icing on the cake.

I have done a few Tourneys with him and he prefers his Princecraft even though it only has a 150 FICHT motor on it.

It is much better in rougher water and the layout of lockers etc is better.

Ya won't hear me complain about going out in either though, LOL I just want to get out there.

Misfish

I get out with my bud quite often but have never tried his hot spots on Simcoe before, we usually fish Balsam where my cottage is or Muskoka Lake.

Man those smallies can fight!!