Boat Insurance?

Gerritt

Just want to know what you guys deem is fair for insuring a new boat...

I want to be sure that I am not getting ripped off here...

I have my house and care with Certas, They have been more then fair to us in the past and I hope this price is also fair... Most know I bought a new boat etc I am getting everything insured for about 250.00 for the year.. That is Comprehensive, $1,000,000 in Liability and a 100.00 deductible..

reading the fine print is mind boggling.. it is insane.. they reword the same things many times over and it would take a snocket rientist to figure it out...

What is it you pay for your insurance? and does this price seem reasonable?

The boat is a new 17' Aluminium, used motor and a new trailer...

Your thoughts? I just want to be sure I am not getting hosed.

Thanks!

Gerritt.

Hi there,

I am an insurance agent and I own my own agency. Boat insurance is based on the horsepower and size of your boat. The liability portion of your boat insurance would be an extension of your home. So, if your home insurance has a liability limit of 1 million dollar than that's what your boat will be. There will be a premium increase for the liability extension though. If you need anymore help, please PM me. I would be more than happy to help.

Grant

I have a 16' aluminum basic fishing boat with a 25hp on it with a galvanized trailer, year 2005. About the same coverage you have. Mine is around $165 year or there abouts, less than $200. I would say that is about right for your boat.

Edited by pikehunter

Well gerritt my $20.000 lund is $265.00 a year for insurance,so you are ok i think,my company also wanted to know some things like that as well,if you combine your car and home as well you even get a better deal,i have had all my boats for the last 15yrs insured with liberty mutual,now called TD home & auto insurance.....they have always had the best rate for whatever the reason,so try them you never know,just trying to help bud good-luck cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

guys, I see some of you have rate lower then mine.... but your rigs are worth more..... what is your deductible? I ask because I am sure... if I raise my deductible.. I am sure my rate will decrease... right now it is set @ 100.00...

Thank you all for your replies... it is helping in my decision.

Also.. does your ins. company insure you should you lose your lower end??

Thanks again guys!

Gerritt.

As an insurance broker I can tell you that you're paying a reasonable rate.....you are only paying for theft, vandalism, collision etc as the liability is extended from home.....if you are unsure I can quote you too to see if what you are paying is competitive...I have a group program that will probably help you....905-265-7106...David :Gonefishing: