Loch Lomond Scotland UK Trip

English

Going on a family holiday trip to Scotland in the UK leaving on Sunday 12th yipee, this trip is to break in our new car, the missus had been on to me for the last few years about the state of our old car, wish I had a picture now so you could see the before and after <_< is a big difference, so newer car not brand new 4 years old and to pay for this something had to give so the planned trip to Gran Canaria had to go.

Instead we will now have to rough it in Scotland :clapping: I went there 15 years ago ish, and did all the touristy things, saw Ben Nevis loch Ness, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oban, and managed a few hours on the banks of loch lomond, I was only flipping a plug about and to be honest was not surprised that I didnt catch anything, but really enjoyed the experience, now I got the chance to go back and repeat this with my children and missus. Will definately be taking the camera and spinning rod. Hopefully this time I wont end up with one of barbs of the trebble hook wound right into the soft fleshy part of my thumb :stretcher: I was seen in the hospital by an Italian relief nurse on an exchange and it became obvious to me she had never seen a fishing hookwhen she cut the shank of the hook nice and neatly level with the surface of my thumb :stretcher::stretcher: so nothing left to pull on or push, I think the doctor in charge must have heard me moaning saying something like well how are you going to get it out now Einstein as the doctor came in and asked if I would like to see someone else, I said sure someone who has seen a fishing hook before, (not nastily but more sarcastically only like the English can be) so they went off to find another nurse, making my mind up that leaving it in any longer it was only going to swell up more and then be able to see even less of the hook which was now well below the surface I grabbed the pliers and pushed the nose of them in and pulled and with just a little wimpering (well I may have screamed a bit) managed to pull out the hook but also out came a lot of white stuff too which needed prodding back in, I just got up and walked out. Wonder if they ever sent out a search party :rolleyes:

Will definately post up the photos heres hoping there may be a fish or two as well this time.

Regards Clive

Thanks Neil will take you up on that offer, we are leaving bright and early on the Monday, just booked a cabin with a hot tub on Loch something in Strath something looks well sweet, will probably be coming by you for 9-00 ish in the AM so hopefully just in time for a nice cuppa and some good old Durham hospitality :clapping:

As the cabin is right on the loch I think I may get a bit more than a little fishing done :thumbsup_anim:

Regards Clive

Good luck, and can't wait for your report. My wife and I were just recently talking about going across the pond somewhere, and I said Scotland was my first choice, followed by Ireland. Ofcourse, fishing had absolutely nothing to do with those choices.

"they fought like warrior poets....they fought like Scotsmen"......still brings tears to my eyes and a desire to brandish a sword.

Hi guys, thanks for the interest, as I said we just booked the site and this is the place we are staying, they only had VIP cabin left so we had to have that one :rolleyes: sucks I know but someone had to have it :thumbsup_anim:

The cabins are on Loch Lubnaig which is in Strathyre.

http://forestholidays.rve.mmtdigital.co.uk...7c2f9941,,.aspx

They give a location map too if you click on the link and zoom in you can see the cabins if you click on aerial or hybrid, I know which one I would like to have I may even be able to fish from the front door with my rods pointed up a little :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.multimap.com/hotels/?&hloc=...78HF|FK17%208HF

You guys have such lovely scenery and every time I log on I am jealous of the pictures I see, I will do my best to make you all want to visit the UK, I will of course use my good fortune to fish on Loch Ness and Loch Lomond. Who knows I may even get to see nessie :thumbsup_anim:

Regards Clive

You have no idea how easy a trip is, especially from Toronto to the regional airports.

You could fly in to Glasgow, hire a car and drive to the west highlands.

ObanNov05036.jpg

ObanNov05049.jpg

You could fly to Manchester, and in 2 hours be in the Snowdonia National Park

dolb4.jpg

cribgoch.jpg

Then drive on to Holyhead, a beautiful place in itself, then get a ferry over to Dublin.

Fly in to Newcastle, and see Durham

durhamjuly9th025.jpg

don't all turn up at once though, then see the wild and historic coast up as far as Edinburgh, where you could even fly back from Edinburgh airport. Fishing can be organised in advance, especially sea- fishing is easy.